Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Not one they can spam from the hip.

Or crouch spam with one arm, as they show in the teaser vid.

I need another beer.

Reply #5750 Posted: February 25, 2011, 12:06:05 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I get the feeling DICE are really focussing on this. Like it is too important to them to stuff up.

More importantly, do you think the final version of minecraft will be better/worse than the beta?

Reply #5751 Posted: February 25, 2011, 12:09:59 pm

Obble

Quote from: Pyromanik;1363249
Not one they can spam from the hip.

Or crouch spam with one arm, as they show in the teaser vid.

I need another beer.

They should just have an assualt rifle, only the tellyban have heavy mgs.

@ rico, doubt it'll change too much, just hope it isnt such a bandwidth whore >.<

Reply #5752 Posted: February 25, 2011, 12:12:41 pm

Codex

if theres no comp support then it will be  a failure

Reply #5753 Posted: February 25, 2011, 12:12:53 pm

Offline nzjeebs

• Addicted
  • nzjeebs has no influence.
Minecraft takes pretty huge steps with each update to be honest, they've barely done anything with mutliplayer so i'm sure that will be amazing when its done.

Also, Notch (the creator of Minecraft) encourages people to try make minecraft but better and only discourages people from using the minecraft name.

Reply #5754 Posted: February 25, 2011, 12:14:32 pm
aka Jeebs

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I suppose Notch has made his wad on minecraft and probably lols at copies

Reply #5755 Posted: February 25, 2011, 12:16:03 pm

Offline nzjeebs

• Addicted
  • nzjeebs has no influence.
Minecraft itself is kind of just a copy of a million other things though too, plus allowing people to copy your game is an awesome way to encourage the indie game development scene and the development of your game.

Plus i doubt any of them will ever have anything on the million + player base of Minecraft.

Reply #5756 Posted: February 25, 2011, 12:19:11 pm
aka Jeebs

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Codex;1363186
pokemans are awesome

Nobody really gives a shit about obble.

Sincerely,
Everyone else

I don't give a shit about them.

I actually prefer obble to those childish denizens of make-believe.

Reply #5757 Posted: February 25, 2011, 12:44:48 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Emrico1;1363252
I get the feeling DICE are really focussing on this. Like it is too important to them to stuff up.

More importantly, do you think the final version of minecraft will be better/worse than the beta?

Nah, they won't. It'll be the same as it always has been.
Medic is always overpowered simply due to the fact that they're little pussies that can run away and heal themselves. To off set this they should not also have the most accurate guns in the game. Let alone with 200 shots in them. I don't mind the medics having LMG's at all. I just think that firing from the hip or in a standing position at all is a bit shit. They should be slow and clunky, and have to fire from a deployed position to be accurate.

It'll help enforce them to be the behind the lines support class they're supposed to be.

In my opinion.

And yeh, what codex said. It needs dedicated servers.
Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:53:49 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #5758 Posted: February 25, 2011, 12:45:02 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Obble

Hey riitardo, ima burn your MC house down. hurrrr

Reply #5759 Posted: February 25, 2011, 01:00:41 pm

Offline Emrico1

Reply #5760 Posted: February 25, 2011, 01:01:54 pm

Obble

Was so tempting to burn raith's house last night, damn you self control.

Reply #5761 Posted: February 25, 2011, 01:03:58 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Obble;1363280
Hey riitardo, ima burn your MC house down. hurrrr

I don't have a house yet :(

I have spent all up until now clearing land only to decide "I want to build my shit closer to you guys".

Reply #5762 Posted: February 25, 2011, 01:07:31 pm

Obble

I was saving rico's house from creepers last night, they really do love it.

Also, hate the amount of water on that map. grrr.

Reply #5763 Posted: February 25, 2011, 01:09:13 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1363272
Nah, they won't. It'll be the same as it always has been.
Medic is always overpowered simply due to the fact that they're little pussies that can run away and heal themselves. To off set this they should not also have the most accurate guns in the game. Let alone with 200 shots in them. I don't mind the medics having LMG's at all. I just think that firing from the hip or in a standing position at all is a bit shit. They should be slow and clunky, and have to fire from a deployed position to be accurate.

It'll help enforce them to be the behind the lines support class they're supposed to be.

In my opinion.

And yeh, what codex said. It needs dedicated servers.

Yeah, don't think they realised it wasn't the assualt rifles that made medic OP in BF2/2142, it's being able to heal yourself and instarez you're buds. And they took away overheating, just to make it even more stupid.

Just give them a fkin SMG.
Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:19:23 pm by mattnz

Reply #5764 Posted: February 25, 2011, 02:17:07 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
sigh, have to live on 3 gig of internet per month while i'm down in timaru. already gone... thank god tuesday rolls the cap over

anyone with telecom here? how easy is it to acquire moar dataz? rents are on the Go plan or whatever it is

Reply #5765 Posted: February 25, 2011, 03:38:54 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
prepaid or post paid?

home broadband or tstick?  either way you should be able to call *123 and get it done, let me know if it isnt happening will see what i can do from my end

Reply #5766 Posted: February 25, 2011, 03:41:25 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
either suits, but probably easier if it comes on the bill. home broadband

something like 10 gigs would be ideal. don't see myself being down here for too long, so prolly a one off

call isn't going through :/
Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:48:51 pm by Speakman

Reply #5767 Posted: February 25, 2011, 03:43:22 pm

Obble

Hey reetardo and girlz, remember that place i ate at last week with the E rating, and shat myself till i prolapsed? :p

They've been shut down, victory is mine.

fairy so helpful@above.

Reply #5768 Posted: February 25, 2011, 06:48:05 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: JontyB;1363319
either suits, but probably easier if it comes on the bill. home broadband

something like 10 gigs would be ideal. don't see myself being down here for too long, so prolly a one off

call isn't going through :/

oh sorry hun i had logged off early.  pm me some deets.  my suggestion would be to get a prepaid broadband stick for now as majority of wireline (home broadband) are provisioned in CHCH which means you wont be getting it for a wee while whereas i can get one to you and connected within 24 hours.  the cost is shite though however could do prepaid for now log an order in for home broadband - .  or if you have a postpaid cell/prepaid cell call *123 and get them to add mobile data - plug into pc use as modem and bobs your uncle.  we used our mobiles speeds were way faster than  home net.lol.  decent ping ping too.  ill be back in the office monday.  ill ask service and see if i can "borrow" a tstick (anywhere from $199 -$299 RRP) so all youll need is $29.95 for prepaid sim for data :)  pm cell number and ill check during this weekend and see if i can get data added so the cost wont be so much
Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:13:56 pm by th3fairy

Reply #5769 Posted: February 25, 2011, 07:11:35 pm

Offline Speakman

thanks fairy :) i think i may give it a couple of days till the cap rolls over and see how we go.

if only i had 2 degrees' 3G service this far south it'd be all good

Reply #5770 Posted: February 25, 2011, 07:14:01 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
@Growler: What effect did the quake have on your biz, specifically your plant?

Reply #5772 Posted: February 25, 2011, 11:43:52 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Dunno mate, not allowed in, and could be some time till I can....... I left quick smart to get to the kids when it happend, I know 1 machine will be siezed which will need to be replaced at $50k, unless I can get to it in the next few days it will be beyond repair. My big fucker is a wait and see, I hit the kill switch on it as I ran past which throws it into lockdown and shuts off the inks etc, so I am hoping that one should be ok.

The building looked pretty bad when i left, cracks in the floors etc, but I dont think it would be structurally unsafe.

Does anyone know if any maps are available with closed roads etc in the CBD?  I need to get to Tuam St between montreal and durham.

Reply #5773 Posted: February 26, 2011, 10:42:50 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I'd recommend going to the corner of Bealy Ave and Park Tce, and discussing your needs with the guys at the cordon there. They should be able to let you know what you can and can't do.

Anything at all I can do to help Growler, gimme a holler.

Reply #5774 Posted: February 26, 2011, 10:55:30 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here