Topic: Battlefield 4 Officially Confirmed

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1523195
TDL should know he loooooooves seamen
 http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/purnomo3/popey.gif
Battlefield 4 Officially Confirmed

Well - it was only after ovearhearing you at Tazlan.....

Reply #225 Posted: April 12, 2013, 04:43:51 pm

Offline avariceNZ

• I Posted!
  • avariceNZ has no influence.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1523128
Suppression needs a bit of tweaking, but not much - however the power of a quadrillion Candlepower sun glare from any angle on the map When my Avatar have Fucking Sun Goggles on. That shit needs to be turned down.

Or at least have a Squad Sun Glasses perk

Def agree about the sun needing a nerf... and if you watch the analysis of the 17 min vid of the BF4 single player mission it looks like they have done _b

Reply #226 Posted: April 13, 2013, 12:06:21 am

Offline Lazza

• Devoted Member
  • Lazza has no influence.
When Bad Company was released there was a complete change of direction, functionality, and scope of the game. New bugs were introduced like the cursor menu offset problem, the windowed menu box problem, joystick third axis issue etc., etc. All are common to all DICE Frostbite Battlefield games.
At the same time there was a lot of feature changes. Removal of Commander, removal of VOIP, mini map / map, essentially the whole UI was new and alien to the game. DICE and EA passed off these changes as being justified somehow, it was artistic direction, or players didn't want it etc. Patrick Bach even said players didn't want the commander role even when polls on Dices own site were 80% in favour of retaining the Commander role. Similar lies on other issues were tweeted by Daniel Matros who even claimed these decisions had been based on research which he couldn't provide when asked.
Anyway, long story short, all of this is bullshit. The real actual reason for the dramatic overhaul of the UI, including maps, squads, VOIP, Commander, etc. is because River couldn't do it. River are simply Autodesk Scaleform developers. The entire UI, and more importantly all of the features within it, were at the mercy of what River were, or weren't capable of doing.
So the real logic was that DICE weren't implementing these features, River were doing the entire UI, and if River couldn't do it they made up bullshit PR reasons to explain the changes. The amount of bullshit that has surrounded this franchise post BF2 is simply astounding.

Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:57:56 pm by Lazza

Reply #227 Posted: April 13, 2013, 01:49:58 pm
Werner Erhard (Dressage Commentator) - "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

Goatfodda - "If you artillery another flag where I\'m at alone I\'ll come kill you myself."

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
that video did not enhance my calm, sounds typical of a big corporate , farm out the boring mundane shit to the cheapest tender.....

except that boring, mundane shit included some of the best fucking features in the franchise MORONS

Reply #228 Posted: April 14, 2013, 03:28:27 pm

Offline kongkiwi

• Devoted Member
  • kongkiwi has no influence.
Quote from: mycoolcar;1523148
Or have armys who don't attack when the sun is going down or rising. Lets do this shit at night.

Lol, then they would have guns with flashlights on them.....oh wait

Reply #229 Posted: April 15, 2013, 04:17:59 pm

Offline Luse

• Devoted Member
  • Luse has no influence.
How to make a battlefield game (post 2005).

Add guns
Add lens flares
$$

Reply #230 Posted: April 16, 2013, 03:46:15 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Luse;1523493
How to make a battlefield game (post 2005).

Add guns
Add lens flares
$$

how come road to rome and secret weapons didn't enjoy the remaining success of the new bf3 expansions add on packs?

Reply #231 Posted: April 16, 2013, 05:32:24 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1523501
how come road to rome and secret weapons didn't enjoy the remaining success of the new bf3 expansions add on packs?

i guess cause you had to buy them as a cd or dvd where as downloadable content these days is so very easy to access.

Reply #232 Posted: April 16, 2013, 05:52:08 pm

Obble

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1523501

Had to launch separately to vanilla game, had to go outside to buy discs.

Reply #233 Posted: April 16, 2013, 05:52:15 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
'New promotional materials for Battlefield 4 suggest that the game will include three playable factions, and see the return of Commander Mode.'

did i miss this or is it a load of speculative bollocks ?

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/news/1027031.20130416.Battlefield-4-sees-return-of-Commander-Mode/?utm_source=lsv&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Subscriber%2376261&utm_campaign=GPNZ%20Newsletter%202013-04-16

Reply #234 Posted: April 17, 2013, 07:19:52 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Considering what happened in BF3 - Anything that is talked about before the game is released = Speculative Bollocks

Reply #235 Posted: April 17, 2013, 08:30:51 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.

Reply #236 Posted: April 17, 2013, 01:51:14 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
yeah i doubt ill pre order this time ... maybe wait and see what it has to offer first

Reply #237 Posted: April 17, 2013, 03:00:20 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
now where did i put those Auto hot Key scripts ....

ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED!

Reply #238 Posted: April 17, 2013, 03:03:32 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Well I certainly won't preorder on the basis of a video of a single player level, but I wouldn't rule it out.

I don't mind them releasing a bit more regularly, pretty sure everyone was all crying about it not being regular enough 18 months ago.

Reply #239 Posted: April 17, 2013, 04:10:01 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Luse

• Devoted Member
  • Luse has no influence.
Is it just me or does the single player campaign they tack onto these games now seem completely pointless?

Reply #240 Posted: April 17, 2013, 04:15:33 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Luse;1523580
Is it just me or does the single player campaign they tack onto these games now seem completely pointless?

It gives them somewhere to base their maps?

Reply #241 Posted: April 17, 2013, 04:26:15 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I actually liked the single player, it got me used to the controls and weapons etc.. before I jumped on multiplayer.

Reply #242 Posted: April 17, 2013, 04:30:55 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Totally to do with bf4.

Reply #243 Posted: April 17, 2013, 07:39:41 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Luse;1523580

The single player is for marketing purposes. It gives them the pretty looking scripted scenes with big explosions and loud noises which they can cut up into a trailer to try and sell to the people who don't follow the development news and just buy games on the ads.

That's not to say it can't be fun though, like the Bad Company games.

Reply #244 Posted: April 18, 2013, 11:58:25 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I like how they refer to themselves as Stunt Drivers in the credits.

Because being a stunt driver in a video game is totally the same thing as being a stunt driver in real life.

Reply #245 Posted: April 18, 2013, 12:00:58 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
If this poster (said to be from EB Australia) is legit, commander mode is back:
http://bf4central.com/2013/04/battlefield-4-commander-feature/

It also features in this alleged Gamestop flyer:
http://bf4central.com/2013/04/battlefield-4-commander-gamestop-flyer/
Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:12:35 am by BeNZene

Reply #246 Posted: April 25, 2013, 08:09:49 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: BeNZene;1524104

Haha I love that:

"Go Premium: Stand out on the battlefield with exclusive uniforms, weapons, and more. Get exclusive expansions, starting with Drone Strike (TBA)."

Sniper picking a target....Ahh there's some rich cunt with the red tiger camo premium pack, I bet he's got the smiley face key fob on his hand grenades too....I'll wipe the grin off his face.....

Reply #247 Posted: April 25, 2013, 11:01:11 am

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
  • Cowwie has no influence.
Quote from: BeNZene;1524104

It begs the question, do you have to add your commanders to your battle log friends list before you can actually communicate with them via voip or are they finally going to go back to built ingame voip, gonna assume they do the voip part right else its gonna be omfg..:cower:

Reply #248 Posted: April 25, 2013, 08:16:55 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Cowwie;1524154
It begs the question, do you have to add your commanders to your battle log friends list before you can actually communicate with them via voip or are they finally going to go back to built ingame voip, gonna assume they do the voip part right else its gonna be omfg..:cower:

lol more than likely will be a commander unlock ... can purchase with premium

but wait ... with commander unlock you also get this beautiful natural glow dildo so EA can go to town on your ass!

Reply #249 Posted: April 25, 2013, 11:28:06 pm