Topic: Life Changing Decisions

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I agree with Speakman, Zarkov, Rii et al.

But let's face it, this forum is effectively and irreversibly dead. Is there any point trying to fix it?

Reply #100 Posted: November 25, 2014, 02:57:52 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
It's interesting how much nostalgia there still is for this forum.

Given how many different owners it's had, and how many tribulations have been visited upon it.

I guess it's understandable that you retain some affection for a place and people who've been part of your life for so long.

In my case that's around 10 years, and I've been privileged to  see some of you grow up, get married, have kids etc.

People like Retardo, who was an irritating young weirdo back then, and is an irritating older weirdo now.

I came to ICONZ wanting to know more about Counter Strike that I played back then, and still do.

I stayed, and so did he, and a lot of other people besides.

Maybe it's not the end, just another chapter.

Reply #101 Posted: November 25, 2014, 05:12:21 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Deep down a kind of admired you, Zarkov.

You did the hard job.

Reply #102 Posted: November 25, 2014, 05:33:01 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
You wash your fucking mouth out right now, BF2 was fucking great, this place was pumping full on BF2 players, servers were cranking dramas, lols, shens, funtimes and many friends were made. infact if it werent for bf2 i wouldnt know 3/4 of you guys so you take that back

Yes, I shall bring the soap to wash out your heinous mouth.
BF2 rocked, knife fights in the square and all.

Okay Okay BF2 wasn't THAT bad.. but 2142 was still better :-P

Reply #103 Posted: November 25, 2014, 06:05:13 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Deep down a kind of admired you, Zarkov.

You did the hard job.

Reply #104 Posted: November 25, 2014, 06:24:23 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Super rare card.

Reply #105 Posted: November 25, 2014, 08:58:37 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
You're such a geek Tiwa.

Reply #106 Posted: November 25, 2014, 10:36:55 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
But BF2 was never that great anyway.. 2142 was where it was at..

Say what!

Nah, BF2 was the best, plus all the 3rd party stuff, AIX etc. Good times!

Though I was never as good at the Ban Messages as Fairy was!

Reply #107 Posted: November 26, 2014, 02:05:28 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
i still think we should revive 1942

Reply #108 Posted: November 26, 2014, 06:53:46 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
It's interesting how much nostalgia there still is for this forum.

Given how many different owners it's had, and how many tribulations have been visited upon it.

I guess it's understandable that you retain some affection for a place and people who've been part of your life for so long.

In my case that's around 10 years, and I've been privileged to  see some of you grow up, get married, have kids etc.

People like Retardo, who was an irritating young weirdo back then, and is an irritating older weirdo now.

I came to ICONZ wanting to know more about Counter Strike that I played back then, and still do.

I stayed, and so did he, and a lot of other people besides.

Maybe it's not the end, just another chapter.

glad to see your still partially alive and back, we have seen the kitty evolve over the years as well for many years i just lurked watching from the fringes till i finished study etc and got myself a decent rig, now i am older with kids and i sit here living my glory days in threads and trying to keep a glimmer of the old zarkovian days alive.

Reply #109 Posted: November 26, 2014, 06:57:32 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

This is awesome.

This thread has taken the right turn. Talking about games, smack talking about games.

KEEP IT UP!

Reply #110 Posted: November 26, 2014, 10:11:22 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I came for the CS, got trapped by the BF2.

Also, FFS when will people realise. BF2(142) - IT'S SAME F'N GAME! (but with slightly different flight mechanics)

But yes, thread has recovered. Sometimes I wonder what happened to folks of days gone by... Like those some o' them H!SoN chaps.
And going back further, the SMR crew.
Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:35:50 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #111 Posted: November 26, 2014, 12:33:39 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Oh my word. SMR.

I can't even.

Reply #112 Posted: November 26, 2014, 01:08:30 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
just a quick sanity check....

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=ubtdah5t.n1r.jpg
Life Changing Decisions

AND 1942 and vietnam was better than bf2.

Reply #113 Posted: November 26, 2014, 01:24:46 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
They all pale before the epic majesty, king of all BF games, that was Bad Company 2.

Reply #114 Posted: November 26, 2014, 01:45:56 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
They all pale before the epic majesty, king of all BF games, that was Bad Company 2.

fuck of that was the most rage inducing version..  FUCKING BSOD AND PUNKBUSTER

although i did enjoy the rage fest of raping my entire NS crew with a uses so much so codes rage quit and you threatened to come to tech and knife me.

Reply #115 Posted: November 26, 2014, 01:49:07 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
FUCKING BSOD AND PUNKBUSTER

Not my fault you can't build a stable rig :-P

Reply #116 Posted: November 26, 2014, 01:54:37 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
FUCKING BSOD AND PUNKBUSTER

Not my fault you can't build a stable rig :-P

Punkbuster had nothing to do with the rig.. BSOD -- fair call  danm and 6 series cards in crossfire with a heavily overlocked pile driver was shite...

Reply #117 Posted: November 26, 2014, 02:19:16 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

BC2 got me back into FPS and into online Multiplayer - good times

Reply #118 Posted: November 26, 2014, 03:04:14 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator

BC2 got me back into FPS and into online Multiplayer - good times

Still my second highest most played game of all time behind only the epic ~10 year addiction that was EverQuest, where my main characters played time is measured in YEARS.. ouch..

Reply #119 Posted: November 26, 2014, 09:51:38 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

fuck of that was the most rage inducing version..  FUCKING BSOD AND PUNKBUSTER

although i did enjoy the rage fest of raping my entire NS crew with a uses so much so codes rage quit and you threatened to come to tech and knife me.

Why you heff to be mad? (Original)

Reply #120 Posted: November 27, 2014, 12:16:43 pm

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
cool my 2 cents was waiting for thread and pms to calm down

alot of the content of whats being posted today is not much different to what it was a few years ago, its just more noticeable because the community isnt as populated as what it used to be. Lets not wear blinkers here, almost every damn thread was derailed or cleaned up to get rid of spam. yes many people left because of the lack of servers and once the servers went so did most people. I know heaps of old schoolers who didnt even know getsome existed.

time has passed and alot of us grew up, matured and had kids. Some havent or refuse to accept growing old graciously.

i would hate the day when i log on here and theres nothing.

Reply #121 Posted: December 02, 2014, 11:15:35 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Lets go back to talking about how great BF2 was.

All those stunts with jets and stuff.

and Battleracer.

Reply #122 Posted: December 02, 2014, 08:56:24 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Oh my word. SMR.

I can't even.

What happened to all off them I wonder.

Reply #123 Posted: December 02, 2014, 09:00:32 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I hear that Jandal guy moved to Ireland, then maybe perhaps got stuck there.
Baffled faded into the obscures for one reason or another (RL went dun got him good, or something, idk).

Reply #124 Posted: December 03, 2014, 11:07:16 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.