Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/Resizedplant.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1000 Posted: February 23, 2011, 11:05:14 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Azzura

• I Posted!
  • Azzura has no influence.
Kinda new here...just moved here to NZ from Canada Dec 2010, thought I would post a few pics. Some real nice shots by others....

Reply #1001 Posted: February 24, 2011, 04:07:28 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Damn those are some nice photos mate! Welcome to the forum by the way, hope you enjoy your stay. :)

EDIT: Also, if you venture into the depths of Off-Topic or General Chat or what ever it be called these days - beware of the trolls.

Reply #1002 Posted: February 24, 2011, 04:11:59 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
You're going to miss Canadian snow.

NZ is all slush and ice.

Reply #1003 Posted: February 24, 2011, 05:17:19 pm

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
  • EskemoJoe has no influence.
Where in Canada are you from?

Reply #1004 Posted: February 24, 2011, 07:31:10 pm
Mmmm... Blueberry Muffins *drools*

Offline Azzura

• I Posted!
Quote from: RetardoBot;1362997
You're going to miss Canadian snow.

NZ is all slush and ice.

After 40 yrs snow, not going to miss the snow one bit. The part of NZ we live in...it doesn't snow.

Quote from: EskemoJoe;1363043
Where in Canada are you from?
New Brunswick, Canada

Thnks Spork

Reply #1005 Posted: February 24, 2011, 09:35:54 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Welcome.

What do you shoot with?

Reply #1006 Posted: February 24, 2011, 11:46:50 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Azzura

• I Posted!
Quote from: swindle;1363094
Welcome.

What do you shoot with?

Hi Swindle,

I shot with a Nikon D300 (will keep shooting with it till is dies lol) with a Nikkor AF-S 20-200 2.8 or Tamron 17-50 2.8. I also have a 50mm 1.8...but it is in storage atm. I also picked up a Kodak Playsport for taking video shots with. It works well...not exactly top of the line...but does the job, for me.

I have put together a slideo (what I call them..perhaps they are already called that).

Reply #1007 Posted: February 25, 2011, 09:40:00 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I see what you did there, Azzura.

Reply #1008 Posted: February 25, 2011, 11:33:15 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I did a slideo once, fell over while I was filming.

Reply #1009 Posted: February 25, 2011, 12:13:36 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9493/dsc0062q.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

So I was at my family beach house overnight last night, and decided to go for a walk along the beach today to check out the awesome Australian golden sand beaches with crystal clear water..............
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8978/dsc0054xg.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Bit of a help I am hoping for.

So pretty much all of my photos look completely washed out when ever I use full manual. I play around with everything as much as I can, but my photos never look much at all.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2766/dsc0089su.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/636/dsc0266ap.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Is my example.

Is there something which I am obviously doing wrong, or should I just be taking more photos until eventually I get it right?
Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 02:11:23 am by Spork

Reply #1010 Posted: February 26, 2011, 01:57:20 am

Offline Azzura

• I Posted!
Hi Spork,

I am not an expert by any means. But in your examples....the second one - it looks like the White Balance is off/wrong.

I shot mostly in aperture...keeping an eye on my shutter speed (mostly worry about SS when shooting sports), and film speed at 200iso whenever possible (before the shutter speed gets to long). I do keep my WB set to auto for the most part...but sometimes auto gets it wrong.
Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:36:55 am by Azzura

Reply #1011 Posted: February 26, 2011, 08:32:58 am

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
  • EskemoJoe has no influence.

Reply #1012 Posted: February 26, 2011, 10:35:10 am
Mmmm... Blueberry Muffins *drools*

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
What he sadi ^

try to use aperture, ISO-100/200 unless you need super fast shutter for sports etc. WB auto.

Maku sure you havent dialed in some crazy exposure override +2 or something. Helll it may even be worth doing a full reset on your camera (google and manual ahve the info) to make sure something hasnt gone balls up.

Actually just reset your camera.

Reply #1013 Posted: February 26, 2011, 10:36:27 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #1014 Posted: February 26, 2011, 02:48:29 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea might give the reset a shot, then make sure that the WB isn't stuffed up with my next shoot. :)

Thanks all.

Reply #1015 Posted: February 26, 2011, 03:37:57 pm

Offline Growler

Here is 2 pics of some missing things in Chch.

Shag Rock photo was take on the night of the Blood moon, 21st Dec 2010.

The Christchurch Catherdral was shot on the night of 21st February, just a mere 15 hours before it became a tragic part of Christchurchs history.

Reply #1016 Posted: February 26, 2011, 04:10:00 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline swindle

I was getting washed out pictures so i bumped up the saturation meter by 1, and problem solved.

Remember, your problems wont always lie with ISO/AV/TV settings.

Reply #1017 Posted: February 27, 2011, 07:03:58 pm

Offline swindle

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/ResizedLagoonPlayground.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1018 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:12:45 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9446/img0019fq.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img812.imageshack.us/f/img0019fq.jpg/
Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:47:04 pm by Pitchey

Reply #1019 Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:37:21 pm

Offline swindle

Nice one Pitchey :)

Nice timing with the sky being fire red.

Reply #1020 Posted: February 28, 2011, 07:01:44 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Dude! Thats Fruju Orange! lol Cheers, just need to get rid of that smudge on the bottom right hand corner, no doubt BRB can give me some advice?

Reply #1021 Posted: February 28, 2011, 07:06:03 pm

Offline swindle

Got Photoshop?

Just try lasso tool the area and darken it? Or burn tool it, or something...

Reply #1022 Posted: February 28, 2011, 07:12:35 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Pitchey that really is one of the best photos in this thread, perfect timing and everything, just love it!

Reply #1023 Posted: February 28, 2011, 08:04:45 pm

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
  • foRsakEn has no influence.
Quote from: swindle;1363955
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/ResizedLagoonPlayground.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Beautiful shot bro :)

Reply #1024 Posted: February 28, 2011, 08:24:02 pm
Want to see how your PC stacks up against the rest?

GetSome\'s Official Benchmarking Leaderboards