Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Emrico1;1510866
throw some ipads around and make a youtube video of it

If we had any of the fucking things to sell I would.

Fucking Apple is the worst. I've probably lost two or more hundred sales from iPad alone over the last two weeks.

Reply #15175 Posted: December 05, 2012, 10:08:55 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15176 Posted: December 06, 2012, 04:44:51 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1510872
If we had any of the fucking things to sell I would.

Fucking Apple is the worst. I've probably lost two or more hundred sales from iPad alone over the last two weeks.

Do go on?

Reply #15177 Posted: December 06, 2012, 06:00:25 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
David Jones (the place I worked at) was one of the main resellers of Apple products in Adelaide which has no official Apple store.

There are three DJs stores across the city, and I worked in the second busiest store out of those three.

A month or two ago when the iPad mini was released along with the 4th gen/ iPad WITH RETINA DISPLAY!!!1 and I along with all the rest of my fellow colleagues had been telling all our loyal customers that we will definitely be getting plenty of the new iPads in on release day.. Well yes along came release day and how many did we get sent? None.

How many weeks did the store have to wait for the first batch to come in? Two weeks for the iPad 4th gen and we got our first minis in about two weeks ago so probably about a month, and we also got 5 minis and 15 of the 10"..

In that time I dealt with literally hundreds of people coming in asking for the current/ mini ipads.

Of course Apple doesn't give a fuck because they are just printing money, but it's just fucking rude to fuck off a company who they list on apple.com as one of the main resellers of their products.

Wasn't the first time either, there was a large period where my store went without stock of anything Apple - probably a month or more. It's actually part of the reason why I quit my job, as it was boring as shit when your highest selling department (Apple) is not even available so I spent half my day telling people that we have no stock, especially when most people around Australia consider David Jones to be one of the more 'premium' department stores.

MEH, it's all fucking over now and I will not miss it. Fantastic staff to work with, but the business does not seem to have much of a future.

Reply #15178 Posted: December 06, 2012, 08:42:05 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It's a viable and legitimate form of branding however cunty it may be.

You brand your product as desirable by making it unattainable. And when you get one, you no longer really care about you actually wanting the product, just that you now believe yourself to be amongst a select few who have also managed to get their hands on one.

Thus the Apple status symbol is born.

Which plays elegantly into Apple's mantra. "It's not what we package, but how we package it".

Reply #15179 Posted: December 06, 2012, 08:49:46 pm

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.

Reply #15180 Posted: December 06, 2012, 08:56:22 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Wholey fuck'n batman universe just upsidedown.

Reply #15181 Posted: December 06, 2012, 09:09:17 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15182 Posted: December 06, 2012, 09:12:11 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Retardobot;1510959
I have a such a raging baner right now.

I see what you did there...

Quote from: Aloysius;1510957
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/8045293/Black-Ops-II-reaches-1b-faster-than-Avatar

read the comment section. Feel my pain.

I don't understand.

Or maybe I do... in which case: Serves you right for being derpface.

Reply #15183 Posted: December 06, 2012, 09:13:53 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1510958
Wholey fuck'n batman universe just upsidedown.

When Gotham is Ashes, you have my permissions to Cum

Reply #15184 Posted: December 07, 2012, 09:33:22 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15185 Posted: December 07, 2012, 10:43:43 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Friday (Listeni/ˈfraɪdeɪ/ or /ˈfraɪdi/) is the day between Thursday and Saturday. In countries adopting Monday-first conventions as recommended by the international standard ISO 8601, it is the fifth day of the week. It is the sixth day in countries that adopt a Sunday-first convention as in Abrahamic tradition. (See "Numbered days of the week" for more on the different conventions.)

In many countries, Friday is the last day of a five-day working week, and is viewed as a cause for celebration or relief (leading to the phrase "TGIF", for "Thank God/Goodness It's Friday"). In some workplaces workers wear less formal attire on Fridays, known as Casual Friday or Dress-Down Friday. In other countries, (see workweek and weekend) Friday is the first day of the weekend, with Saturday the second. In Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and Iran, Friday is the last day of the weekend, with Saturday as the first day of the working week. Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Kuwait also followed this convention until they changed to a Friday–Saturday weekend, on 1 September 2006 in Bahrain and UAE,[1] and a year later in Kuwait.[2] In Iran, Friday is the only weekend day.

Reply #15186 Posted: December 07, 2012, 11:07:05 am

Codex

Reply #15187 Posted: December 07, 2012, 11:13:19 am

Friday is associated in many cultures with the love goddess Venus.

Reply #15188 Posted: December 07, 2012, 11:13:53 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: Codex;1510988
Friday

Make it end

I'm hungover as fuck

I've got my work's Christmas function today. This is me tomorrow.

Reply #15189 Posted: December 07, 2012, 11:18:37 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!

Reply #15190 Posted: December 07, 2012, 11:21:31 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15191 Posted: December 07, 2012, 11:23:11 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
1more week of work then its into Pre-Wedding Time off.

Am Excited.

For once I will get to go to the wedding and there will be food I like there

Om Nom Nom NomNom

Reply #15192 Posted: December 07, 2012, 11:35:26 am

Is it your wedding?

Because you don't get to eat the food at your own wedding.

Reply #15193 Posted: December 07, 2012, 11:57:33 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'm over this week.

I have no motivation for anything right now. I had to give myself a pep-talk just to have my routine morning shower-wank.

Probably one of the most draining weeks this year.

Reply #15194 Posted: December 07, 2012, 12:00:54 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15195 Posted: December 07, 2012, 12:01:21 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

Reply #15196 Posted: December 07, 2012, 12:04:06 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Speakman;1510992
why not celebrate with this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/219150/

$5US for amazingness

I can't celebrate with something I already have!

Reply #15197 Posted: December 07, 2012, 12:15:21 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: winter;1511003
I can't celebrate with something I already have!

Of course you can.

If you know what I mean.

Reply #15198 Posted: December 07, 2012, 12:27:18 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Retardobot;1511004
Of course you can.

If you know what I mean.

Well yeah, I celebrate with that daily - sometimes more than once :)

Reply #15199 Posted: December 07, 2012, 12:47:25 pm