Topic: Motorcyclists of GetSome

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I heard they're bringing in some kind of aptitude test that you can sit any time (if you already have some other vehicluar license I guess).

Reply #175 Posted: September 02, 2013, 02:59:48 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1530867
I heard they're bringing in some kind of aptitude test that you can sit any time (if you already have some other vehicluar license I guess).

yeah - this appears to be modeled on the UK system - you can do a Direct Access test which is about 300-400 pounds, which lets you ride the big bikes.

http://www.bikewize.co.uk/das.html

Reply #176 Posted: September 02, 2013, 03:14:13 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
FYI I rode on my restricted after 10 (I thought it was one of the things you could do) and never even got looked at once.

Reply #177 Posted: September 02, 2013, 04:31:46 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
On a slight Aside - should we make this thread a Sticky and make it into the official Bikers thread for GetSome (where we can talk trash about all those peasants who still drive 'cars')

Reply #178 Posted: September 03, 2013, 07:04:28 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
i still drive a car, im driving one today, you mad bro?
last night i drove a van too. :O

Reply #179 Posted: September 03, 2013, 11:37:33 am
sila.

Offline Easymeat56k

• Just settled in
  • Easymeat56k has no influence.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1530907
On a slight Aside - should we make this thread a Sticky and make it into the official Bikers thread for GetSome (where we can talk trash about all those peasants who still drive 'cars')
The correct term for "cars" in biker speak is "cage".
Trash talk of them who drive cage's acceptable.
The point is that very few bikers do not drive a cage at some point but the majority of cage drivers have not ridden a motorbike.
It has been pointed out that if every cage driver rode a bike for a while, the number of "didn't see the bike" accidents would fall.

Reply #180 Posted: September 03, 2013, 12:22:23 pm
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Ohhh I drove a fire truck today!

Reply #181 Posted: September 03, 2013, 01:41:24 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Is it fun?

Reply #182 Posted: September 03, 2013, 08:46:55 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Yup!

Reply #183 Posted: September 03, 2013, 09:06:26 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
One of these just arrived for me...

its the tits.....

Reply #184 Posted: September 04, 2013, 08:26:21 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
On a different note,

atm I am bombing along on my little 250cc Hornet and when I am bombing along the Mway, I am doing about 8000 RPM. This apparently for a Bike is fine, but I am wondering if I should be looking at something a bit different. maybe something with a bigger engine but longer gearing so in 6th gear I am not revving so high. ATM I am really just using my bike to jump on the Motorway and ride for about 70K to work and back

Reply #185 Posted: September 04, 2013, 08:48:08 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Maybe you have some more gears that you don't know about.

When I am bombing along on my 650 GLR it's doing about 2000 rpm.

Reply #186 Posted: September 04, 2013, 08:53:43 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Zarkov;1530962

Remember mine is only a little 250, I can assure you, thats its highest gear (when I first rode my bike, I kept trying to go up to a higher gear when I was doing 50 as it was at 4000 RPM)

Reply #187 Posted: September 04, 2013, 09:32:14 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: Zarkov;1530962

Remember mine is only a little 250, I can assure you, thats its highest gear (when I first rode my bike, I kept trying to go up to a higher gear when I was doing 50 as it was at 4000 RPM)

Reply #188 Posted: September 04, 2013, 09:32:31 am

Offline Easymeat56k

• Just settled in
  • Easymeat56k has no influence.
Don't obsess over RPM's. If the power band is at the levels you state, that's the way the bike is meant to be.
A simple change of the front sprocket to one with a few extra teeth will give you low RPM's for the same speed.
If you find yourself stalling or going backwards in the face of a stiff headwind, well then you need more inch's (cubic)...

At least on the motorway you shouldn't have this to deal with...
Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:59:36 am by Easymeat56k

Reply #189 Posted: September 04, 2013, 11:46:34 am
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
nothing wrong with those RPMs. 100k in 6th on my CBR is 9k. then again it redlines at 18500 RPM regularly

Reply #190 Posted: September 04, 2013, 01:32:34 pm
sila.

Offline Pyromanik

Scorpio also sits high in the RPMs at those speeds. Just make sure you're wearing ear plugs, there ain't much more to worry about.

Reply #191 Posted: September 04, 2013, 01:48:16 pm

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
+1 to earplugs. I use them daily.

i picked up a pair of these 6 months ago
http://www.safetyandapparel.co.nz/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_73&product_id=50
been great, just rinse in warm water when they get gunky and youre good to go.

Reply #192 Posted: September 05, 2013, 08:35:29 am
sila.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
http://kiwiriderproducts.blogspot.co.nz/2009/10/plugs-4-lugs.html these are suppose to be amazing.

They also make a version with a tube, you plug an ear bud in to the tube and listen to sounds.

Because they are so effective at blocking out surrounding noise you dont have to have your music on that fine line between being able to hear it and blasting ear drums.

Reply #193 Posted: September 05, 2013, 10:02:56 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
I wanted to get some plugs for lugs but theyre located in rotorua, so a bit out of the way for fitting and purchasing.
If they come up for the bike show il get some there and then. So made do with these ones after going through the disposable 3M earplugs. Which were amazeballs btw.

Reply #194 Posted: September 05, 2013, 01:06:00 pm
sila.

Offline Pyromanik

I've 'eard of bees waxy type ones that sound similar to that. They mould to your ear and once in you can't hear shit. Plus no nasty business with poking shit into your ears only for the fuckers to fall or get pulled out when you put your helmet on (or if something catches that cord that links them). Apparently they're the bees-knees.

oh you, puntastic post.

Reply #195 Posted: September 07, 2013, 12:42:02 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
Ordered a double bubble windscreen for more tuck.
awaiting delivery.

Reply #196 Posted: September 10, 2013, 03:49:16 pm
sila.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Motorbike and friend.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7236/a5ug.jpg
Motorcyclists of GetSome

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reply #197 Posted: September 10, 2013, 05:56:39 pm

Offline AhanaX

• Devoted Member
  • AhanaX has no influence.
only just came across this page didn't read all the comments and all but thought i would share whats left of my 750ss crashed it back in feb manged to sell it for parts so got some of my cash back, im still keen on riding, but small noteplease if your in a car dont stop on a 100km road around a corner its not nice to us bikes
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/ahanax/48055_521935097848503_1250787354_n_zpsefb63df9.jpg
Motorcyclists of GetSome

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/ahanax/554084_521935071181839_1694329753_n_zps8378d63b.jpg
Motorcyclists of GetSome

Reply #198 Posted: September 10, 2013, 06:08:02 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Zarkov;1531330
Motorbike and friend.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7236/a5ug.jpg
Motorcyclists of GetSome

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do you know zarkat, of all the bikes here, I'm the most jealous of yours.

I'd keep my race bike, but in terms of value for money, fun and variety yours nails it.

Reply #199 Posted: September 10, 2013, 06:08:04 pm