Topic: The Official Formula 1 thread

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Because it's started already - the politicst that is:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=66&objectid=10481206

Lewis Hamilton must wait until a month before the start of the Formula One season to hear whether McLaren will be penalised further next year for having confidential Ferrari information.

The governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) said yesterday it had deferred to February 14 a ruling on whether McLaren's 2008 car was untainted by this year's spying controversy.

If something incriminating is found, despite McLaren's assurances that they have nothing that can be traced to their Italian rivals, the team could start the season with a points penalty.
[/I]
But beyond the points penalty, it will only give McLaren a month to get their car changed and compliant for the season.

You don't need a crystal ball to know that the FIA have already decided that McLaren are guilty - they just want to make sure that they fuck up 2008 for them as well. Why don't they just etch Ferarri's name on the title for the next fifty years - and fuck Formula 1 totally in the process.

Posted: December 10, 2007, 08:45:52 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
they have already done that - the little plates they put on the cup are sitting in bernies desk

Reply #1 Posted: December 10, 2007, 09:39:10 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Hmm.. Have all teams been confirmed?

Anyone else going to Melbourne? I am most likely.

Reply #2 Posted: December 10, 2007, 01:41:48 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: Spork;610452
Hmm.. Have all teams been confirmed?

Anyone else going to Melbourne? I am most likely.

Not sure, but i'm in Adelaide at the end of January.

Reply #3 Posted: December 10, 2007, 08:32:49 pm
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: TofuEater;610777
Not sure, but i'm in Adelaide at the end of January.

Adelaide FTW.

What are you doing here?

Reply #4 Posted: December 10, 2007, 08:35:22 pm

Offline TofuEater

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10481639
Alonso confirmed back at Renault.

Though it's interesting - will Nelsinho do to him next year what Hamilton did to him this year? And wouldn't we all piss ourselves laughing if he did. :finger:

Reply #5 Posted: December 11, 2007, 09:40:55 am

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
  • Xt1ncT has no influence.
Quote from: TofuEater;611115
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10481639
Alonso confirmed back at Renault.

Though it's interesting - will Nelsinho do to him next year what Hamilton did to him this year? And wouldn't we all piss ourselves laughing if he did. :finger:
Was always going to happen - I would absolutely love it for Piquet to beat him, oh how special that would feel.

I would have loved it even more if he couldn't find a team for next year, although that was never going to happen

Reply #6 Posted: December 11, 2007, 10:19:05 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
unforunately alsono cant rage quit real life :)
which is always funny to watch

Reply #7 Posted: December 11, 2007, 12:34:29 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Renault will never allow Nelsinho to step out of line. They will make sure he knows his place. Sux to be him.

Reply #8 Posted: December 11, 2007, 03:49:58 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Where did my Ferrari go?

I was sure I left it around here somewhere.

Reply #9 Posted: December 11, 2007, 05:06:29 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Any bets on Rookie of the year? Piquet?

Reply #10 Posted: December 11, 2007, 05:13:45 pm

Offline TofuEater

http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/press-releases-2007.php?article=60

McLAREN STATEMENT - 13TH DECEMBER 2007
As a result of the investigations carried out by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile it has become clear that Ferrari information was more widely disseminated within McLaren than was previously communicated. McLaren greatly regrets that its own investigations did not identify this material and has written to the World Motor Sport Council to apologise for this.

McLaren has written a letter to the FIA which in the interests of transparency it is publishing with this press statement. That letter speaks for itself and the sentiments expressed in it are sincerely held by McLaren. McLaren has also written to the World Motor Sport Council to apologise that it has taken an FIA investigation to find this information and have expressed our deep regret that our understanding of the facts was improved as a result of the FIA inspection rather than our own investigations. McLaren has recognised that this entire situation could have been avoided if we had informed Ferrari and the FIA about Nigel Stepney's first communication when it came to our attention. We are, of course, embarrassed by the successive disclosures and have apologised unreservedly to the FIA World Motor Sport Council.

To avoid even the possibility of Ferrari information influencing our performance during 2008, McLaren has offered a set of detailed undertakings to the FIA which will impose a moratorium on development in relation to three separate systems. During the course of these incidents, McLaren has conducted a thorough review of its policies and procedures regarding the recruitment and management of staff. The proposals arising from this thorough review have been disclosed to the FIA and McLaren has agreed to demonstrate that all of these policies and procedures have been fully implemented.

McLaren wish to make a public apology to the FIA, Ferrari, the Formula 1 community and to Formula 1 fans throughout the world and offer their assurance that changes are now being made which will ensure that nothing comparable to what has taken place will ever happen again. McLaren have also agreed to pay the costs incurred by the FIA for their investigation.

McLaren now wishes to put these matters behind it and to move forward focusing on the 2008 season.

Reply #11 Posted: December 14, 2007, 02:28:38 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
That McLaren statement is a little disturbing from a die hard Mclaren fan's viewpoint i don't mind admitting.

"Heikki Kovalainen has been confirmed as Lewis Hamilton's new teammate at McLaren for next year."

"The Finn joins the Woking-based outfit on a long-term deal after an impressive debut season with Renault, and McLaren management are convinced that he and Hamilton will make a 'formidable' combination for 2008."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64384

I think that's a reasonably good score for Mclaren. He showed some good speed in the second half of last season. I hope he does well.

Reply #12 Posted: December 15, 2007, 11:23:40 am
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: TofuEater;613626
http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/press-releases-2007.php?article=60

We Ferrari fans accept McLarens apology.

Reply #13 Posted: December 15, 2007, 12:56:50 pm

Offline Quasikomodo

• Just settled in
  • Quasikomodo has no influence.
Quote from: Zarkov;614269

I, as a devout Tifosi, second that!

Ron Dennis how does the pie taste?

Reply #14 Posted: December 15, 2007, 01:40:46 pm
a cpu, a motherboard, some ram, a gfx card, an optical drive (or 2), a hdd (or 4) and a psu... all in an aluminium case (oops, actually changed to a steel case now!!)

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Quote from: Quasikomodo;614296

Not good I imagine. This is the thing, I think Ron knew nothing of what was going on. :asian:

Reply #15 Posted: December 15, 2007, 01:53:04 pm

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
  • Xt1ncT has no influence.

Quote from: Quasikomodo;614296

What about Ferrari apologising for having an illegal car at the beginning of last season, and having nothing done about it.

I love F1, but it is so biased in Ferrari's favour it's just ridiculous.

Reply #16 Posted: December 15, 2007, 02:13:51 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Quote from: Xt1ncT;6

I love F1, but it is so biased in Ferrari's favour it's just ridiculous.[/QUOTE

That's what we Tifosi love about it too.

Reply #17 Posted: December 15, 2007, 03:00:15 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Quote from: Xt1ncT;614313

I love F1, but it is so biased in Ferrari's favour it's just ridiculous.

That's one of the things we Tifosi love about it too.

Reply #18 Posted: December 15, 2007, 03:01:53 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted

More like a confession under torture.

Reply #19 Posted: December 15, 2007, 07:36:31 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Roffles...

"Hamilton caught speeding in France"

"Lewis Hamilton had his driving licence suspended for a month after being caught speeding on a French motorway, police said on Tuesday."

"The British driver was at the wheel of a Mercedes when he was clocked at 196 km/h near the northern town of Laon on Sunday."

"Police stopped him, detained the car and fined him 600 euros."

" "He was very polite and cooperative," said a police spokesman, who added Hamilton had since had the car collected for him."

Bring on Australia 2008

Reply #20 Posted: December 20, 2007, 11:16:36 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Looks like I'm not the only one who can't wait for the new season to start. Although I guess he has a fair bit of testing to test out his skills with.

Reply #21 Posted: December 21, 2007, 02:46:18 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Apparently someone else went to retrieve the car from the police pound.

Probably someone from Mercedes.

Reply #22 Posted: December 21, 2007, 06:35:21 am

Offline TofuEater

At least it was running. The only way you collect Ferarris is with a tow-truck. :finger:

Reply #23 Posted: December 21, 2007, 07:29:20 am

Offline Shasta

• Devoted Member
  • Shasta has no influence.
McLaren and their 2008 car have been cleared to race in 2008 by the way.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41471

Reply #24 Posted: December 21, 2007, 12:14:46 pm
I\'ll try to be nicer, if you try to be smarter.