Topic: Mini ITX

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
If you were going to go mini ITX, what mobo would you get?

Posted: May 03, 2013, 07:49:44 pm

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
  • Hmmmgood has no influence.
What are you gonig to use it for?

Reply #1 Posted: May 03, 2013, 07:55:41 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
What I use my current PC for.

Games, movies, design work. Am I ignorant in thinking that a new mobo will all I'll be needing? Will I need new GFX as well to fit in a mini ITX case?

I currently have a AMD 6950 reference model.

EDIT: Yeah, maybe I haven't thought this through. Still keen on suggestions.

Reply #2 Posted: May 03, 2013, 07:57:26 pm

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
  • Hmmmgood has no influence.
Theres not much of a choice,i guess its wether you want the bling asus or one of the others around $180ish which would still be sweet.

https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentlist.asp?parttypeid=532&t=2

Mayhem_Lee's build http://www.getsome.co.nz/showthread.php?82898-BitFenix-Prodigy-Build

If he can get a 680 in then a 6950 will fit no worries.

Reply #3 Posted: May 03, 2013, 09:07:56 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
The one thing to note about such small builds is that there is less tolerance for any sort of error or oversight. There's not really much you can do though, you just have to give it a go and fix the problems as best you can when they come up. This does mean though, that if you spend all your money on your planned build, then something doesn't fit, you have nothing to fall back on.
Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:37:56 pm by Arnifix

Reply #4 Posted: May 03, 2013, 09:30:16 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Arnifix;1524774
The one thing to note about such small builds is that there is less tolerance for any sort of error or oversight. There's not really much you can do though, you just have to give it a go and fix the problems as best you can when they come up. This does mean though, that if you spend all your money on your planned build, then something doesn't fit, you have nothing to fall back on.

hah theres always the trusty angle grinder, jigsaw, sandpaper, fiberglass and paint.  Its not as hard to mod stuff as some people seem to think ;)

Reply #5 Posted: May 04, 2013, 07:17:41 am

Offline Baldesto

• Addicted
  • Baldesto barely matters.Baldesto barely matters.
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1524782
hah theres always the trusty angle grinder, jigsaw, sandpaper, fiberglass and paint.  Its not as hard to mod stuff as some people seem to think ;)
bogan...........

Reply #6 Posted: May 04, 2013, 09:02:33 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Baldesto;1524785
bogan...........

lol and ? :P

Reply #7 Posted: May 04, 2013, 09:27:13 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
You missed out the welder!

Reply #8 Posted: May 04, 2013, 11:02:01 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Do you have a case in mind?
CPU to be oc'd? Or default some itx mobo's limit them volts, Z77 as rock board is sweet if you can find one in Nz.
How many HD/SSD do you have?
What CPU cooler do you have or would like to use, can conflict with some mobos and case.
PSU dimensions vs case layout.

As Arny said not much tolerance when building, but I have managed to massage a 680sig edition card in a Node304 with H80 cooling.

Reply #9 Posted: May 04, 2013, 12:57:57 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Mayhem_Lee;1524790
Do you have a case in mind?
CPU to be oc'd? Or default some itx mobo's limit them volts, Z77 as rock board is sweet if you can find one in Nz.
How many HD/SSD do you have?
What CPU cooler do you have or would like to use, can conflict with some mobos and case.
PSU dimensions vs case layout.

Dis case her: http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139235/CATID=183/ID=18259/SID=330381882/productdetails.html

No OC. Haven't bothered with that for a while.
1 X SSS, 1 HDD, rest in external storage.
I have a giant CM V6GT at the moment: http://www.guru3d.com/miraserver/images/2010/cm-v6/IMG_2280-1600.jpg
This is my current PSU: http://www.corsair.com/en/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/x/ax750-angled_1.png

Reply #10 Posted: May 04, 2013, 01:26:39 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Um those parts should all fit together, why you want to go mini itx? Because the prodigy is really not thaaat small. Personally if I was you i'd go for a smaller build with a H60 or a low profile silent CPU cooler.  
Check motherboard and cpu cooler on Google to make sure they fit/does not clash with memory and gfx.
PSU fitment will be tight but same dimensions as my hx650.
Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:18:13 pm by Mayhem_Lee

Reply #11 Posted: May 07, 2013, 10:12:55 pm