• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1249570
This was sent around by an Iranian student we have here:
Sorry everyone for interrupting you. Its lunch time so lets have a
break. I would like to introduce you the new science which was
originated by one of the Iranian clerics. Please have a look at the
following website.
 http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/middle-east/3600856/Scanty-clothing-causes-earthquakes-cleric
I am glad we have introduce a new scientist in Natural Hazards area to
the world :-) Please don't take it from all Iranian. These government
and its clerics are stupid. I hope we will get rid of them sometimes soon.

Quote from: varkk;1249296
So, we have a testable hypothesis here: "If women wear revealing clothing in public it will trigger earthquakes" Now before we write him off we should conduct a proper experimental test of his hypothesis.

Yes, unfortunately it is 'tested' in that all summer long there have been scantily-clad women on our beaches and we haven't had an earthquake worth worrying about.

How far they've sunk, from being the beacons of intellectual thought while Europe was mired in the 'dark' and superstitious world of religion to nowadays where superstitious appropriated religions hold sway.

Islam is popular to beat on, but to be fair a quick google search can find similar examples from other religions, i used homosexuality for this search cause it seems to be a popular group for christians to hate on:

rabbis:
Gays caused 9/11
http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/9630112926.html

52% christians surveyed think homosexuals cause natural disasters
http://christiannews.christianet.com/1215711636.htm

if you are predisposed to have a superstitious world view you are predisposed to believe any irrational non-sense

Reply #7200 Posted: April 21, 2010, 06:32:00 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Blob_ZPS;1246224

"What is God?"
I will tell you when he submits himself for scientific study.
Tee hee! Thats a good way to get the hackles up on the theists. Other ways are:

Flying Spaghetti Monster, Sun Wukong (my personal favourite since he is indeed a god), and quoting comic book character lines prefixed by the words "Jesus said" e.g "Jesus said: ITS CLOBBERIN TIME!"
"What is the universe?"
More to the point, what isn't the universe.
This is the crux of the argument really. At what point does the universe 'need' a creator, and how much allegiance should/do you acquiesce?
"What is science?"
The process of understanding the universe
Yep.

The moment theists try to categorise science as a religion then it is obvious they have failed the first fundamental step of critical thinking, or even word association:

e.g Science is to understanding as....

My answer: "Shovelling is to shit".

Reply #7201 Posted: April 21, 2010, 10:50:09 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
True cobra, they are ALL weird.

Reply #7202 Posted: April 21, 2010, 10:59:10 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
If we're designed and made by god I want a fuckin refund on my back. I got the same defective model he gave Genie by the looks. Pretty crappy workmanship for someone who is supposed to be omnipotent That is all kthx.

Reply #7203 Posted: April 23, 2010, 12:59:03 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Producers of "South Park" said Thursday that Comedy Central removed a speech about intimidation and fear from their show after a radical Muslim group warned that they could be killed for insulting the Prophet Muhammad.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2010/04/22/entertainment-us-tv-south-park-muslims_7541632.html?boxes=financechannelAP

Reply #7204 Posted: April 23, 2010, 01:33:04 pm

Offline UppityDuck

• Addicted
  • UppityDuck has no influence.
In the inimitable words of Julian Cope: "You got a friend in Jesus? Stay the hell away from me".

Reply #7205 Posted: May 09, 2010, 03:32:27 am
A mere friend will agree with you, but a real friend will argue.

Russian Proverb

Offline liquidpain

• Devoted Member
  • liquidpain has no influence.
These fuckwits all need to be kicked out of uni. Closed minded shit heads. Soon these faggots in europe are going to be the majority.
[video]4oLvwMxwHFs[/video]

Reply #7206 Posted: May 12, 2010, 12:52:55 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: liquidpain;1263855
Closed minded shit heads. Soon these faggots in europe are going to be the majority.

While I agree that what they did was despicable, using language like that after calling them closed-minded is ...um....well...closed-minded as well.

Reply #7207 Posted: May 12, 2010, 01:07:57 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1263863
While I agree that what they did was despicable, using language like that after calling them closed-minded is ...um....well...closed-minded as well.

I found that video to be absolutely shocking!

I could definitely see those muslim girls faces! And what were they doing at a higher educational facility?!

Someone should throw acid on them

Reply #7208 Posted: May 12, 2010, 04:24:07 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1263863
Quote from: liquidpain;1263855
Closed minded shit heads. Soon these faggots in europe are going to be the majority.

+1. Best irony I saw all day.

Reply #7209 Posted: May 12, 2010, 11:23:57 pm

Offline Farcity!

• Addicted
  • Farcity! has no influence.
Although, there's double irony given grim's post in the weekend...

As for the video, just awful.

Reply #7210 Posted: May 13, 2010, 12:09:15 am

Offline Stephens

• Addicted
  • Stephens has no influence.
lol'd at religion

Reply #7211 Posted: May 13, 2010, 08:27:15 am
- For Teh Horde -

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: Farcity!;1264329
Although, there's double irony given grim's post in the weekend...

As for the video, just awful.

Learn2 irony.

I wasn't commenting on other people's use of swear words in the weekend.

In other news, keep it on topic or gtfo.

Can you say "new leaf" or are you just trolling...especially as you're a moderator?

Reply #7212 Posted: May 13, 2010, 09:14:58 am

Offline Farcity!

• Addicted
Settle down Grim was just a little joke :) didn't mean anything by it, and I was also commenting on the video.

In separate news, read this extremely good piece yesterday by Christopher Hitchens (excellent writer, I try to follow his stuff) http://www.slate.com/id/2253493/.

I think it sums up burqas quite nicely, especially in the final paragraph that can be extended to many things in religion.

Reply #7213 Posted: May 13, 2010, 09:32:42 am

Offline ninjaweedman

• Just settled in
  • ninjaweedman has no influence.
If you know any legit psychics, this guy's foundation will pay them 1 million dollars if they can perform under proper observing conditions, so far nobody has been game enough.

Reply #7214 Posted: May 13, 2010, 10:09:41 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Quote from: Farcity!;1264401
Settle down Grim was just a little joke :) didn't mean anything by it, and I was also commenting on the video.

In separate news, read this extremely good piece yesterday by Christopher Hitchens (excellent writer, I try to follow his stuff) http://www.slate.com/id/2253493/.

I think it sums up burqas quite nicely, especially in the final paragraph that can be extended to many things in religion.

Taking away their right to wear a traditional outfit is wrong. They are in France, they know that they don't have to wear it if they don't want to.

Why do the west have such a hard time getting their heads around then fact that most of these women actually choose to wear the burka, it is not dictated by the men, they choose to as an expression of their cultural background.

In countries where it is not mandatory, lots of women still choose to wear it.

France is full of shit saying they are passing this law to protect the Muslim women, they are doing it because it scares them, as it does lots of other countries.

As for not being able to wear them in a bank, well that is common sense, you can't wear your motorcycle helmet in there, so it should apply to any garment covering your face. Same with driving a car, or more to the point if you are pulled over the police should have the right to ask you to remove your head gear to confirm your identity. You do not need to place a blanket ( hehe) ban on the wearing of them

What is the difference to wearing a woolly hat and a scarf covering your nose and mouth when it is snowing.

Is it illegal to wear an balaclava?

Next they will banning my avatar.

What happened to not persecuting people because of their religious beliefs?  

Reply #7215 Posted: May 13, 2010, 11:38:50 am

Offline Farcity!

• Addicted
Do they really wear it because they want to or are they doing it because they're under duress? Or is it a product of indoctrination?

In court, the right to see another person's face when they accuse you or are a witness against you is part of common law as well. I think this can be expanded to life in general much like Hitchens is saying in that article.

Reply #7216 Posted: May 13, 2010, 12:27:32 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
Quote from: Farcity!;1264517
Do they really wear it because they want to or are they doing it because they're under duress? Or is it a product of indoctrination? Do Jews wear skull caps because of duress or indoctrination

In court, the right to see another person's face when they accuse you or are a witness against you is part of common law as well. I think this can be expanded to life in general much like Hitchens is saying in that article.
Why? As you have pointed out there are laws in place already, why expand them to what they do on their own time

Reply #7217 Posted: May 13, 2010, 12:36:50 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
As a general store owner should I be allowed to force people to take off their balaclava's before entering my store?

Reply #7218 Posted: May 13, 2010, 01:17:40 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
You already are allowed to AFAIK, and rightly so. cf banks.

Reply #7219 Posted: May 13, 2010, 01:46:23 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
Of course you should, it is private property and as the Doc has pointed out banks already do it.

I am talking about Muslims wearing it in public places

Reply #7220 Posted: May 13, 2010, 01:58:26 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
We have been trained into intolerance and mistrust of those who are different than us, to 'fear' the filthy Muslims who are all terrorists and wish us dead.

Reply #7221 Posted: May 13, 2010, 02:20:55 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1264489
Your avatar looks like a desert rapist, so imo that would be fine.

Reply #7222 Posted: May 13, 2010, 02:35:23 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Behind every woman wearing a burqa is a man with a whip in his hand.

Reply #7223 Posted: May 13, 2010, 04:34:44 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
Quote from: Arnifix;1264588
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1264489
Your avatar looks like a desert rapist, so imo that would be fine.

More fear and loathing :winkiss

Reply #7224 Posted: May 13, 2010, 04:53:57 pm