Topic: Mech Warrior 5

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Is this release a mod of the CryTek engine or something else ?

Reply #25 Posted: September 18, 2009, 03:31:29 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Something like this would be awesome to play with 5.1 sound.

Reply #26 Posted: October 20, 2009, 02:44:18 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #27 Posted: October 20, 2009, 10:12:21 pm

Offline Slim

• Addicted
  • Slim barely matters.Slim barely matters.
Original video been removed.

[video]orhOvbfyyJw[/video]

Reply #28 Posted: October 20, 2009, 10:37:53 pm
If anyone calls me a PC Fanboy - I will punch them in the Jaw.

Offline sponge

• Devoted Member
  • sponge has no influence.
So excited. Love mech warrior.

Reply #29 Posted: October 20, 2009, 10:50:26 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!

Reply #30 Posted: October 20, 2009, 11:00:12 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
We can play this now?

https://mwomercs.com/game

Reply #31 Posted: January 29, 2013, 04:16:35 pm

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
Has anyone here had a go with mech warrior online, well worth it. Join ARMD and being playing with them.

Reply #32 Posted: January 29, 2013, 04:41:49 pm

I'll give it a download.

There was alot of hype when they released that awesome video.

Then a long wait, then and a lack luster launch.

Reply #33 Posted: January 29, 2013, 04:49:00 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1516299
We can play this now?

https://mwomercs.com/game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_Online
MechWarrior Online (also known as MWO) is an upcoming free to play, action simulation game under development by Piranha Games for the Microsoft Windows platform. Development of the game is being led by Russ Bullock, president of Piranha Games, and is part of a licensing agreement with Smith & Tinker for the rights to create MechWarrior for the Microsoft Windows platform.
Plot

MechWarrior Online is a real-time game where one day in the real world is equal to one day in the game. January 1, 2012 is equal to January 1, 3049.[2] Players take the role of piloting BattleMechs, and can align themselves with one of the Great Houses, form their own Mercenary Corporation, or play as a lone wolf. Of note for this particular timeline in the MechWarrior universe is the impending arrival of the Clans upon the Inner Sphere Houses. It can be extrapolated that this may be the direction MechWarrior Online will head after launch of the basic game.

Draconis Combine HERE I COME!!!

Reply #34 Posted: January 29, 2013, 08:59:42 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1516328
Draconis Combine HERE I COME!!!

Internat certificate chaining error

:(

Reply #35 Posted: January 29, 2013, 09:11:14 pm

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1516304
I'll give it a download.

There was alot of hype when they released that awesome video.

Then a long wait, then a lack luster launch.

I gave it a go.

Was dissapoint.

Graphics are better then the previous mechwarrior (of course). But still less then expected of a modern game.

It looks all centered around online gameplay (as indicated by the online in the name) so no singleplayer gameplay, but I found the battles boring, just capture the point battles.

I'll take Mechwarrior 4 over it anyday.
Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:30:47 am by Spacemonkey

Reply #36 Posted: January 31, 2013, 09:05:32 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Yeah, I think I'll stick to Hawken, despite it being an arcadey as hell version of the Mechwarrior of old.

Reply #37 Posted: January 31, 2013, 09:23:55 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1516470
I gave it a go.

Was dissapoint.

Graphics are better then the previous mechwarrior (of course). But still less then expected of a modern game.

It looks all centered around online gameplay (as indicated by the online in the name) so no singleplayer gameplay, but I found the battles boring, just capture the point battles.

I'll take Mechwarrior 4 over it anyday.

sad to hear.  i recall epic times stomping around  in a Mad Cat II using keyboard, joystick/throttle body and voice commands......ALPHA STRIKE

Reply #38 Posted: January 31, 2013, 09:59:49 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Interesting. I had no idea about the copyrights of Mechwarrior
Tiwaking  1 week ago

No Locust? :(
Reply  ·

weirdguy564  3 minutes ago

No, no locust. The orginal 16 mechs were never actually legally owned by the BattleTech guys, and lawsuits have stopped them from using it (it was actually from a Japanese cartoon called Duogram, Crusher Joe, and Macross.

However, there is a plan to add another mech called the Flea, which is nearly the same as a Locust.
Reply  ·

in reply to Tiwaking

Reply #39 Posted: February 07, 2013, 12:36:42 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

I was having a look at a very old Penny Arcade review of Moonbase Commander from E3 2002 when I came across this:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2002/6/10/
Mechwarrior 4 Co-Op: Blessed are the crafty.  I guess I thought this project was designed to convert the maps that came with the original into a multiplayer friendly format, when in actuality they had to recreate each map, populate it with the correct bastards, and then write their own scripts to make it work right.  My hat is off to them, which is no mean feat.  I had to run to the store, actually get a hat, then take it off, etc.

The site and links are dead now. I had no idea there was a Mechwarrior 4 Co-Op.

Reply #40 Posted: February 07, 2013, 08:20:11 pm

Offline Equity

• Addicted
  • Equity has no influence.
Whats with you and bumping old old threads??

Reply #41 Posted: February 07, 2013, 09:25:34 pm
"think c2w might be a little to hard core for my skills atm anyways"-Splatter

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Every time he revives a thread, Morgan Freeman gets a freckle/mole.

Reply #42 Posted: February 07, 2013, 09:48:48 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Equity;1517183

He's trying to get his post count up to 10,000, also, he likes necroing.

Reply #43 Posted: February 08, 2013, 07:05:26 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Did anyone else get the big email about the new patch they rolled out?

They are making quite a few changes, but the core mechanic is the same which falls in the uncanny valley of 'too arcadey, too complex, not complex enough'
Quote from: Equity;1517183

I do not understand what the problem is

Reply #44 Posted: February 08, 2013, 11:18:54 pm