Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
I couldn't stand living that far away from the city lol

you Cantabs are so small fucking city minded..

it takes me less time to commute from Rangiora to adding ton for work and back than it used to to commute across the city some days.

I spend 25 min morning and 30min afternoon driving.

it's 70km round trip.

take into account if you lived anywhere else in the world apart from a hick town your commute would be double that.

look at wellington or Auckland's commutes...

CHCH mentallity is spoilt because is was so centralised and hub centric road system that all fed towards a city that no longer exists.

Reply #19800 Posted: April 07, 2014, 01:11:20 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
I couldn't stand living that far away from the city lol

What city?

I'd happily live in Rangivegas if the rush traffic didnt suck donkey dick.

Duck shooting, fishing, jet boating etc right there..... So we are looking the other side of town, rolly, lincoln etc

i leave home at 6:15 and am in addington (opposite end of chch) by 6:35ish..   Lias who lives with me leaves about 6:45 and is at work by 7:30ish.

and if i leave 4-4:30 from work i am home by 4:35 - fish any later and you can add about 10min

Rolly and Lincoln will be approx the same commute, i rented in lincoln for a while and had a GF who lived in Rolly  and TBH Rolly sucks because you have to drive through Hornby which is the new slum / tracky wearing pregnant teenager barefoot end of town.
Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:14:33 pm by Xsannz

Reply #19801 Posted: April 07, 2014, 01:12:50 pm

Codex

What city?

I'd happily live in Rangivegas if the rush traffic didnt suck donkey dick.

Duck shooting, fishing, jet boating etc right there..... So we are looking the other side of town, rolly, lincoln etc
All things which don't appeal to me, so that makes sense hah. Would you go as far as ashb?

you Cantabs are so small fucking city minded..
Considering i've been to some of the largest cities in the world, hardly small city minded. City mided though, yes. Would love to live somewhere with decent population density but with easy access to snow. Japan or Canada one day I aim for.

If there was a proper transportation method that didn't suck dicks to get from the small surrounding areas to the main city within a reasonable time then yes i'd consider them for sure, but we don't have that and never will.

I'd fucking love it if we had a lightrail or something that was faster and more reliable than the bus system, although we don't have the pop to support it, sadly.

it takes me less time to commute from Rangiora to addington for work and back than it used to to commute across the city some days.
From where I live it's only slightly faster to get to town to Rangiora, but it's hardly ever slow to get from my place to the other side of town. Of course on some given days with traffic or whatever it will take longer to commute through a place with some population density and traffic conditions regardless of where it is.

I spend 25 min morning and 30min afternoon driving.

it's 70km round trip.
It takes me 12 minutes to skate to work and 14 minutes to drive to work, same home. You spend more time commuting in a few days than I do in a week.

take into account if you lived anywhere else in the world apart from a hick town your commute would be double that.

look at wellington or Auckland's commutes...
Absolutely, one of the few benefits of living here is that housing central to the city that isn't trash is highly accessible.

Although even if you did live in a place, say like Montgommery Village MA and worked in Washington DC, that commute took 20-30 minutes max and that's a lot further than rangiora is to chch, on a train that costed a shite load less than we pay for the bus to go a single zone.

Hell even living in Brooklyn NY costs the same as renting in chch at the moment and it costs $2.10usd to subway anywhere in NYC (takes 10-15minutes to subway to Manhatten)

Unfortunately both examples require a higher population density to support the transport methods. $$$$ zzzz.

At least with rail systems is that they're usually smooth enough that you can easily do other things while on them making them at least semi productive whether it be doing work or playing console or whatever, driving however, costs more and achieves less.

CHCH mentallity is spoilt because is was so centralised and hub centric road system that all fed towards a city that no longer exists.
Hardly spoiled, it's how the city was proposed and designed.

When the city did exist, I worked in various areas of it every day for years and never had an issue or long commutes tbh. Commuting from Riccarton, Sockburn, and Sumner into town was never a problem.

Dat one way system tho, God it's broken now lol.

Reply #19802 Posted: April 07, 2014, 01:41:26 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
yeah one way system is beyond Borked... 

TBH I like Rangiora, at least house size wise i got a lot more than what i could have afforded in chch at that point in time.

Reply #19803 Posted: April 07, 2014, 01:44:41 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Have you not been over the new southern arterial motorway? No more hornbro commute from rolly etc. I literally drive to my work at 100kmh and only the last 3km is under it

Reply #19804 Posted: April 07, 2014, 02:14:42 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Have you not been over the new southern arterial motorway? No more hornbro commute from rolly etc. I literally drive to my work at 100kmh and only the last 3km is under it

i keep forgetting about the new motorway bit....

some of those roundabouts are BS though you have go from inside lane to go round the thing to then cutting across two lanes to get back on the motorway..  shits crazy...

Reply #19805 Posted: April 07, 2014, 02:16:06 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I did a run yesterday from rolly to work was 28km and took 15min. Not tried the normal 8am grind yet but I seem to sneak inbetween the 7:30 and 8am: rushes quite nicely.

Reply #19806 Posted: April 07, 2014, 02:18:08 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Today is a good day. 42 months later.....

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=wxext2vi.1jq.png
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Now time to shop for a house.

Jesus that must feel good.. I remember checking my account the day the money from my grandfather came in.. I was in shock.

Uhh, I'll have a 70-200mm and an 85mm please, thanks <3 I'll give you a days supply bacon (a regular persons years worth)

Reply #19807 Posted: April 07, 2014, 02:23:09 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Jesus that must feel good.. I remember checking my account the day the money from my grandfather came in.. I was in shock.

Uhh, I'll have a 70-200mm and an 85mm please, thanks <3 I'll give you a days supply bacon (a regular persons years worth)

starting to think that not his account balance but is consumption of bacon pieces for the current year, not with the extra 500 taking into account todays consumption to be consumed...

Reply #19808 Posted: April 07, 2014, 02:36:44 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!

starting to think that not his account balance but is consumption of bacon pieces for the current year, not with the extra 500 taking into account todays consumption to be consumed...

Current month maybe.

Reply #19809 Posted: April 07, 2014, 02:37:39 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
What is the current interest on a bacon loan?

Reply #19810 Posted: April 07, 2014, 03:00:37 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
What is the current interest on a bacon loan?

most stable rate in the world always at a 90:1 ratio

Reply #19811 Posted: April 07, 2014, 03:01:37 pm

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
I watch the glowing snail that is goon traffic heading into the city from 630am on.  Sometimes i get caught in the tail end of it as i head back into town after 9.  Media reports say the new motorway is 4 yrs away from STARTING let alone being completed.

Drove up Victoria st today and was (un)surprised by the new glass/steel boxes going up, an omen of things to come. 

Congratz on your payout Growler, damm that must feel good.  An envelope from SR sits on our coffee table which is hopefully a $30k cheque for the driveway

EDIT:  Ahhhhhh amazeballs GoT S4 is back !!

Reply #19812 Posted: April 07, 2014, 03:07:38 pm

Codex

We should have drinks to celebrate Growly :P

Reply #19813 Posted: April 07, 2014, 03:08:45 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
We should have drinks to celebrate Growly :P

Should have drinks at my place :) lol 

Reply #19814 Posted: April 07, 2014, 03:13:31 pm

Offline Growler

I got a donkeyfuckbutter load of contracts to look at and possibly sign this week, let me get through all of that and then maybe do a sesh at the Belgium.

Reply #19815 Posted: April 07, 2014, 03:27:36 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

donkeyfuckbutter = over 9000 by the way

Reply #19816 Posted: April 07, 2014, 03:27:57 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

I'll come.

If there's wimmen.

Maybe Codex can find some. He seems to be a bit of a James Dean lately.

Reply #19817 Posted: April 07, 2014, 03:29:02 pm

Codex

おほほほほ

とてもかわいいね~~

I got a donkeyfuckbutter load of contracts to look at and possibly sign this week, let me get through all of that and then maybe do a sesh at the Belgium.
Sweet i'm keensies.

I'll come.

If there's wimmen.

Lol only the one now

I is behaving somewhat

Reply #19818 Posted: April 07, 2014, 03:31:27 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
おほほほほ

とてもかわいいね~~

Sweet i'm keensies.

I'll come.

If there's wimmen.

Lol only the one now

I is behaving somewhat

instead of the old saying Puff Puff pass..

Shag shag pass..

where is your little black book of WIMMINZ...

Reply #19819 Posted: April 07, 2014, 03:35:36 pm

Codex

Written on my D

Reply #19820 Posted: April 07, 2014, 05:35:43 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Also, game of thrones.

Also putting down a claim that S04E01 will be the most pirated thing ever.

Reply #19821 Posted: April 07, 2014, 05:57:01 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Written on my D

Small list then....

Reply #19822 Posted: April 07, 2014, 06:12:24 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Xsannz with the huge play.

Reply #19823 Posted: April 07, 2014, 06:15:17 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Sweet i'm keensies.

In.

Reply #19824 Posted: April 07, 2014, 06:56:00 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity