Topic: What would you do with a Year off?

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
travel.

If I had enough money saved up. track days. every tuesday and friday.

Reply #25 Posted: May 21, 2013, 12:02:07 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I would move back down to Queenstown for the winter and get back into snowboarding.

Reply #26 Posted: May 21, 2013, 01:04:59 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Buy an old van, follow the sun, and do a lap of Aussie.

Awesome place.

I'm going back next week to do Perth-Darwin.

Reply #27 Posted: May 21, 2013, 03:49:42 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1525631
Buy an old van, follow the sun, and do a lap of Aussie.

Awesome place.

I'm going back next week to do Perth-Darwin.

take pics of girls on yachts please.

Reply #28 Posted: May 21, 2013, 04:16:47 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1525601
In all seriousness I think I'd start a hobby project that I could monetise down the track if I wanted.
And run. Being this unfit is shit.
And travel.
And fuck. Life's all about fuck'n.

Reply #29 Posted: May 21, 2013, 09:17:16 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I do quick browse of forums on phone between power cuts in Nepal. I see this thread, I must reply.

Travel is cool, but not for everyone. If you are unhappy at home it does not mean you will be happy traveling, especially if you end up in a place that you didn't really want to go.

That being said travel alone and travel with friends are two totally different things. I have done both, to very different locations. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

The year off thing I have done, it cost me a fair amount of money in lost earnings, which is something you need to think about. It's also very easy when you have no job by choice to get stuck in a rut of not wanting to work. Based on my experience, 1 - 2 months off should be used as a trial. If you find you are then doing the same thing each day you should get a new job, a job that excites you. I know it's hard to look at job ads and Shit, but just read them and look for something that jumps out at you. Something different to what you may normally do.

I have more to say, and can tell you when I am back.

Whatever you do, enjoy it, life will never be as simple as it is right now.

Reply #30 Posted: May 22, 2013, 02:34:16 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1525602
What most here have said, get overseas somewhere cheap and beautiful and make that 12k go a very long way.

I spent 6 months in South America and had a wonderful time, could of easily spent more time there.

This was my fav spot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilcabamba,_Ecuador

Ecuador is so much win. My fav place was Salinas

Reply #31 Posted: May 22, 2013, 01:04:55 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
I would spend a lot more time building the brain's for my house .. so much to do, not enough time to do it :-(

Reply #32 Posted: May 22, 2013, 03:35:47 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
Quote from: mycoolcar;1525652
I do quick browse of forums on phone between power cuts in Nepal. I see this thread, I must reply.

Travel is cool, but not for everyone. If you are unhappy at home it does not mean you will be happy traveling, especially if you end up in a place that you didn't really want to go.

That being said travel alone and travel with friends are two totally different things. I have done both, to very different locations. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

The year off thing I have done, it cost me a fair amount of money in lost earnings, which is something you need to think about. It's also very easy when you have no job by choice to get stuck in a rut of not wanting to work. Based on my experience, 1 - 2 months off should be used as a trial. If you find you are then doing the same thing each day you should get a new job, a job that excites you. I know it's hard to look at job ads and $#@!, but just read them and look for something that jumps out at you. Something different to what you may normally do.

I have more to say, and can tell you when I am back.

Whatever you do, enjoy it, life will never be as simple as it is right now.

Sensible words MCC, stay safe!

Reply #33 Posted: May 23, 2013, 08:19:53 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Lyes, go get botox; it will be much fun.

Reply #34 Posted: May 23, 2013, 08:21:40 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-