Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Beautiful day

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=ekpcyf2e.2db.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Reply #13650 Posted: July 17, 2012, 04:09:48 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Codex

Quote from: Growler;1494261
I should email the end client and show them their 4 hours they are paying for!

If they had half a brain they could place illustrator content into indesign to get the best of both worlds -_-

Although with the indesign files we used to make plates from we never had a problem with indesign gradients o-o using cs3

Reply #13651 Posted: July 17, 2012, 05:40:25 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
plates = smart, with the CMYK breakdown + spots if using a kimiroi or similar type of press, those machines have failsafes and warnings in place.

large format = stupid.

the machines seriously have no fail safe, they literally are do as they feel, font missing, meh who cares i'll show a correct thumbnail but I will print courier, 8 bit gradient, meh I will show it fine, but today I will convert it to 32 bit like I should, but I wont smooth it out for you..... WTF... FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU.

I prefer to remove all chances of fuckups and work direct from ai files to save the clients any 'print required' tweaks.

Reply #13652 Posted: July 17, 2012, 05:58:19 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:03:01 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #13653 Posted: July 17, 2012, 06:00:44 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Growler

Reply #13654 Posted: July 17, 2012, 06:02:27 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Today I learnt about webcams. And how they stream in FUCKING JPEGS.

Is it really a web cam if you can't really use it on the web?

Reply #13655 Posted: July 17, 2012, 06:03:30 pm

Offline Growler

Reply #13656 Posted: July 17, 2012, 06:07:45 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Codex

lolol my boss at new work has had huge problems with contractors and eqc

They turned up to redo his tiles and said "oh nah we're only going to do half the tiles because that's all we quoted" despite it being one big slab and eqc covering the whole slab

He raged and had eqc and a fletchers derp come sort out their shit o-o

Reply #13657 Posted: July 17, 2012, 06:31:00 pm

Offline Pyromanik

MJPEG
Didn't know such a thing existed.
Basically just a never ending response sending one jpeg after another.

Also, so glad I'm renting.
Landlord has told us stories of dodgy inspectors funneling work to their lesser qualified for the job mates though (mates who don't even want to do the job).
She raged and the guy almost got fired, lol.
We have cracks in our outer wall that they're trying to claim existed before the earthquake. Load of bullshit. Just no clue.
Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:07:55 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #13658 Posted: July 17, 2012, 07:04:19 pm

Codex

lol we have a hole in our upstairs ceiling where the hot water pipe started leaking after one of the larger quakes.

Our landlord is a fucking retard though

She said she was going to replace the carpet in this place (because it's mega fucked) and that she was sending a 'carpet person' over

Few days later a real estate agent came over 'looking at the carpet' in every room of the house including the garage and back yard, asking about the property for valuation hurrrrr

We're still house hunting to buy and holy shit it's dry at the moment >_>

Reply #13659 Posted: July 17, 2012, 07:29:50 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I'm glad I don't have to deal with EQC or Fletchers.
Seems like they've secured a reputation as an unreliable combo, and masters of fuckin' around.

I'm sure they're delivering services to a lot of people in a satisfactory manner, but as yet I'm yet to hear from anyone about such an occurrence.

Reply #13660 Posted: July 18, 2012, 03:08:12 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Super_Hori;1494543
I'm glad I don't have to deal with EQC or Fletchers.
Seems like they've secured a reputation as an unreliable combo, and masters of fuckin' around.

I'm sure they're delivering services to a lot of people in a satisfactory manner, but as yet I'm yet to hear from anyone about such an occurrence.

Heh, now that you mention it, so did my landlord when she told me the story I relayed above.

Reply #13661 Posted: July 18, 2012, 06:27:00 pm

Obble

Meeting gfs mum today, anyone got any tips apart from run the opposite way as fast as i can?

Reply #13662 Posted: July 20, 2012, 10:01:12 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
That's what your gf will look like at that age.

True.

Reply #13663 Posted: July 20, 2012, 10:08:51 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
No tips sorry.

Shit's always different. First mum I met via a GF was accidentally bumping in to her when we were at the supermarket.

My current mother in law met me via Skype before me and my partner were off to a ball, so she saw me looking rather dapper.

Just smile and appear to be interested is all I can say.

I like Obble updates.

Don't listen to Zarkov, he's still a virgin.

Reply #13664 Posted: July 20, 2012, 10:11:09 am

Obble

Quote from: Zarkov;1494862
That's what your gf will look like at that age.

True.

Thats what my dad says!

@weetardo, its like 40min drive, i seem to be interested m8.

Reply #13665 Posted: July 20, 2012, 10:26:34 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Obble;1494866
Thats what my dad says!

@weetardo, its like 40min drive, i seem to be interested m8.

Hah. Fair point.

I have to deal with my inlaws being over protective of their daughter, and of me. Gets overwhelming sometimes.

Reply #13666 Posted: July 20, 2012, 10:31:07 am

Obble

She said her parents can be overprotective too, because she cant have kids. They think guys are gonna use her for a bit, then be like cy@m8. I dont even know.

Reply #13667 Posted: July 20, 2012, 10:52:56 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Just put yourselves in their shoes. They don't want their daughter with some deadbeat.
Just be polite, smile, tell them about your job and where you are from, treat it kind of like a job interview.

Once you have won them with a first impression, crush their hopes and dreams.

Reply #13668 Posted: July 20, 2012, 10:58:27 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Morning Tea this morning as a farewell from work. Wasn't expecting a "so, you're leaving us in the lurch then" to be thrown in my face.

Thanks.

Reply #13669 Posted: July 20, 2012, 11:13:08 am

Offline Growler

Quote from: Obble;1494861
Meeting gfs mum today, anyone got any tips apart from run the opposite way as fast as i can?

Give her a hug and pat her ass and whisper 'not bad, tag team later?' gently into her ear

Reply #13670 Posted: July 20, 2012, 11:18:13 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: Retardobot;1494872
Morning Tea this morning as a farewell from work. Wasn't expecting a "so, you're leaving us in the lurch then" to be thrown in my face.

Thanks.

Geez, that's the kind of attitude that makes you want to stay right?

Classic. Riddance.

Reply #13671 Posted: July 20, 2012, 11:22:20 am

Offline Growler

sooo..

"Why is my panorama long and skinny"

I FIXED IT! madskillzbrah!

Reply #13672 Posted: July 20, 2012, 11:43:52 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Obble;1494868
She said her parents can be overprotective too, because she cant have kids. They think guys are gonna use her for a bit, then be like cy@m8. I dont even know.

Conceal your inner deadbeat.

Reply #13673 Posted: July 20, 2012, 12:34:53 pm

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.
Quote from: Obble;1494868

So what you're saying is that she's a he and you're finally coming out of the closet?  About time, all of GetSome has known for years.

Reply #13674 Posted: July 20, 2012, 03:31:09 pm