Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
  • Xt1ncT has no influence.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;336832
Why the hell does everyone keep going on about dinosaurs?
Because creationists put the Earth at 6000 odd years old.

Yet the dinosaurs are millions of years old.

And they have no explanation for that.

Etc

:sly:

Reply #1000 Posted: February 13, 2007, 02:48:49 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
well don't ask me, i'm not a creationist.

Reply #1001 Posted: February 13, 2007, 02:52:18 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
People are drawn to religion because they want spiritual guidance. Religion provides a blueprint on how to live your life, and a solid grounding. I think that's a prefectly resonable thing to want and good luck to those people.

The truth is in the message not the details of whether turning water into wine is actually possible etc. When religion tries to do what science is for ie explain the natural universe - it just gets pwned so bad.

Religion has been getting pwned on a regular basis since Copernicus, Galileo etc. They need a new coach!

Reply #1002 Posted: February 13, 2007, 03:29:41 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
religion is just something for those people who are afraid of death. They want something to be after death so they'll believe anything.

Reply #1003 Posted: February 13, 2007, 04:19:56 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: (BHP)Clyock;333272
My word this thread has twisted and turned like a big twisty turny thing.

100% correct. Basically: None of you have the correct answers

This is not to say some of you dont have GOOD answers, but only really one answer is right and none of you have it. This of course means there will be no conclusion(though Im surprised Goodwin's law has not been breached yet)

Thusly: Im out :) Have fun with the debate!

Reply #1004 Posted: February 13, 2007, 10:22:42 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
C'mon tiwa you can't make a post like that and then leave us hanging, think of the rep you'll get for the elusive answer you've taunted us with.

Reply #1005 Posted: February 13, 2007, 10:39:21 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Reply #1006 Posted: February 13, 2007, 10:59:01 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
i mention rep and theres the bloody cat... oh alright then. edit , oops too much given out already

Reply #1007 Posted: February 13, 2007, 11:02:03 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Black Heart;337343
C'mon tiwa you can't make a post like that and then leave us hanging, think of the rep you'll get for the elusive answer you've taunted us with.

p.s - I dont believe this guys opinion, but it'll help you guys. Only need to watch 8mins or so. Last few minutes are about Saddam's death
Edit: I cant fix the youtube thingy. Here is the link:

Reply #1008 Posted: February 13, 2007, 11:03:48 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Black Heart;337343

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiVH-57Okyo
p.s - I dont believe this guys opinion, but it'll help you guys

Reply #1009 Posted: February 13, 2007, 11:04:38 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;337318
100% correct. Basically: None of you have the correct answers

Wrong. My post was small but perfectly formed.

Tiwa, from what i can tell you left the debate about 2 and 1/2 pages ago. :bigglasse

Hey i just looked back a few pages - on page 10 did Hannibal4life really make 10 consecutive posts?!?! And then Tiwa made 6 consecutive posts in reply?!? Awesome!!! :rnr:

Reply #1010 Posted: February 13, 2007, 11:17:21 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;337367
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiVH-57Okyo
p.s - I dont believe this guys opinion, but it'll help you guys. Only need to watch 8mins or so. Last few minutes are about Saddam's death

LOL teaser!

Reply #1011 Posted: February 13, 2007, 11:44:58 pm
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
CHRISTIANS ARE LIKE NAZIS!!!!!!

GOD IS HITLER!!!!

/Goodwins law evoked.
//Love slashies.

Reply #1012 Posted: February 14, 2007, 12:23:26 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
MUAHAHAH YOU LOSE WANDY!!! YOU LOSE!! *makes L shape with hand and holds it to forehead pointing at Wandy

There may be no clear winner but wandy caved under the pressure to become the clear loser, thank you goodwin.

Reply #1013 Posted: February 14, 2007, 07:52:35 am

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
  • Simon_NZ has no influence.
ffs! its simple

science will win cause we have the guns!

Reply #1014 Posted: February 14, 2007, 07:54:37 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
Quote from: Simon_NZ;337484
ffs! its simple

science will win cause we have the guns!

because religious peoples have never been known to use guns?

Reply #1015 Posted: February 14, 2007, 07:56:47 am

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
  • Simon_NZ has no influence.
no, because if it is religion then all they get is a cross and afew nails and some rocks.

however, simon_nz arms himself with a g36C :D

Reply #1016 Posted: February 14, 2007, 08:00:02 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Fragin';337382
Wrong. My post was small but perfectly formed.
Tiwa, from what i can tell you left the debate about 2 and 1/2 pages ago. :bigglasse

No way! I was late home for two days after having mammoth Wii-gaming sessions late into the night and missed out posting for two days. Come back to find 2 1/2 pages of more posts!

Everyone seems to have everything in order anyway so no need for my input

Reply #1017 Posted: February 14, 2007, 09:05:19 am

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: Wandarah;337422
CHRISTIANS ARE LIKE NAZIS!!!!!!

GOD IS HITLER!!!!

/Goodwins law evoked.
//Love slashies.

Quote from: Black Heart;337482
MUAHAHAH YOU LOSE WANDY!!! YOU LOSE!! *makes L shape with hand and holds it to forehead pointing at Wandy

There may be no clear winner but wandy caved under the pressure to become the clear loser, thank you goodwin.

For those like me who were thinking "WTF??!!!!!!!1!":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodwins_law
lol memetics :D

Reply #1018 Posted: February 14, 2007, 09:14:25 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
just watched the clip tiwa, on the surface it's kind of true. But it's not really because just because there are 2 possibilities doesn't mean the 2 are as likely as each other.

Reply #1019 Posted: February 14, 2007, 11:20:25 am

Offline Mooks74

• Just settled in
  • Mooks74 has no influence.
Ok lets look at this subject on a larger scale, effectively you could have the most advanced technology that science provides for all time on your side or you could just have god..... ummm not too hard to guess the outcome there.

Reply #1020 Posted: February 14, 2007, 11:26:05 am
Grove Street forever N*GGA....

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;337367
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiVH-57Okyo
p.s - I dont believe this guys opinion, but it'll help you guys.
Edit: I cant fix the youtube thingy.

I agree with him, atheism is a belief, and an atheist who tries to force thier belifs onto someone else is just as bad as any fundamentalist.

Reply #1021 Posted: February 14, 2007, 11:40:28 am

Quote from: Black Heart;337677
just watched the clip tiwa, on the surface it's kind of true. But it's not really because just because there are 2 possibilities doesn't mean the 2 are as likely as each other.

With no evidence either way, how could you tell which possibility is more likely?

Reply #1022 Posted: February 14, 2007, 11:41:43 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;337700
With no evidence either way, how could you tell which possibility is more likely?

I think what BH means is that if you placed a 6 sided die in the box which had 5 sides marked with a 1 and one side marked with a 2 then you could say that you have a 83% chance of having a 1 on the die if you ever observe it. Which is true.

But the fact is that you will never know until you open it. And until you do you must consider the die result as being both 1 and 2.

Oh and good post with that vid Tiwa, i was writing a post in this thread which was along similar lines, but now i don't need to.

Reply #1023 Posted: February 14, 2007, 12:05:40 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;337698
I agree with him, atheism is a belief, and an atheist who tries to force thier belifs onto someone else is just as bad as any fundamentalist.

Atheists don't tend to start holy wars against their opponents.

Pic unrelated.

Reply #1024 Posted: February 14, 2007, 12:21:41 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.