Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Hannibal4life

• Just settled in
  • Hannibal4life has no influence.
Quote from: Black Heart;338210
when were poodles created?

Pood;es are a sub breed of a dog... dogs on same day as land animals.

Reply #1050 Posted: February 14, 2007, 07:19:53 pm

Offline Hannibal4life

• Just settled in
Quote from: Black Heart;338205
Vast majority of people would disagree about your statement that a behemoth was a dinosaur.
wiki for starters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth

Having read that link - it accually doesn't diagree with me if you read to the end...

Reply #1051 Posted: February 14, 2007, 07:22:21 pm

Offline Hannibal4life

• Just settled in
Quote from: Black Heart;338223
potassium argon dating is used to date minerals, not fossils.

heres the first link i found using google, mr science man http://hypertextbook.com/physics/modern/half-life/

maybe you're not as clued up as you think you are, or that you tell people you are anyway.

Actually it sates in the first sentence that it is for determining the age of previously living things. But make up whatever else you want too... and FYI are you just searching and pasting or actually reading...

Reply #1052 Posted: February 14, 2007, 07:25:08 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Quote from: Hannibal4life;338228
Yeah interestly enough Blackheart. Only one religion actually claims they are the only way to get to God. That is in fact Christianity when Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one gets to the father except thrrough me."

Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet... if a prophet cannot lie (their belief) then there is no point being muslim, cos Jesus said only he could save right...
Most other religions have a theory along the "Karma, or Nirvana" lines.
The choice is therefore easier, cos if the others are right (not Christianity for instance), then really you lose nothing, whereas if Christianity is the way then its the only way to heaven.

i don't think you've looked very hard at other religions.

Reply #1053 Posted: February 14, 2007, 07:50:25 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Quote from: Hannibal4life;338246
Actually it sates in the first sentence that it is for determining the age of previously living things. But make up whatever else you want too... and FYI are you just searching and pasting or actually reading...

Radioisotopic Dating Techniques
technique    range (years past)    dateable items
lead 210    1    -    150    lake and ocean sediments, glacial ice
carbon 14    1    -    40,000    previously living things
uranium series    1    -    400,000    bone, teeth, coral, shells, eggs
potassium-argon    10,000    -    3 billion    minerals, igneous rocks
uranium-lead    1 million    -    4.5 billion    minerals, igneous rocks
rubidium-strontium    60 million    -    4.5 billion    minera

the table looks shit when copied off the site. The first sentence ISN'T about potassium argon. its about carbon 14.

Reply #1054 Posted: February 14, 2007, 07:53:05 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
Quote from: Hannibal4life;338234
I probably would considering that cars were invneted rather recently my friend.

Laws predate Christianity true, yet qwhen did they begin???? The basis of our legal system is actually found in Leviticus in the bible...

When you have an open mind one sees this sort of thing..

if you had an open mind you wouldn't agree laws existed before the bible and still claim some kind of founding in leviticus, clearly leviticus just abused the lack of copyright at the time.

Reply #1055 Posted: February 14, 2007, 08:02:37 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
Quote from: Hannibal4life;338243
Having read that link - it accually doesn't diagree with me if you read to the end...

well i carried on to this link http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/The_Truth_About_Behemoth

and reading more, the bible quote mentions a navel. Only mammals have navels , dinosaurs do not.

Reply #1056 Posted: February 14, 2007, 08:09:34 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Quote from: Hannibal4life;338216
Cheers man, i always read a post at a time and reply. Theres just so much to say.:bounce:

It's awesome the first time. DON'T DO IT AGAIN!! ok?

Reply #1057 Posted: February 14, 2007, 08:41:05 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Quote from: Hannibal4life;338216
Cheers man, i always read a post at a time and reply. Theres just so much to say.:bounce:
It was awesome in a mildly amusing type of way. DON'T DO IT AGAIN!! ok?

Quote from: Fragin';336884
People are drawn to religion because they want spiritual guidance. Religion provides a blueprint on how to live your life, and a solid grounding. I think that's a prefectly resonable thing to want and good luck to those people.

The truth is in the message not the details of whether turning water into wine is actually possible etc. When religion tries to do what science is for ie explain the natural universe - it just gets pwned so bad.

Religion has been getting pwned on a regular basis since Copernicus, Galileo etc. They need a new coach!

Quote from: Hannibal4life;338211
Given your guys lack of understanding of dating methods i can understand why you don't believe the bible.

Basic 5th form chem.... Potassium is soluble. The major dating method other that carbon dating is a method called potassium argon testing. Were there a major flood as descibed in Genesis, this would simply destroy the evolutionary dating practise for well anything. It is amuzing reading your posts about science given they never contact any science above 4th form. I think it niave to accept anything without testing it from a neutral point of view - in fact its like walking into a bank for a home loan and saying "you guys are the guys i want to have my mortgage with - cheerzs." It would be stupid to not look to all the options and then decide, based on evidence. Yet at every turn your arguement has been to attack our credibility for believing the bible, yet you have never presented any credible facts to support your religious evolutionist theories. The science you do mention has inherrent flaws that can easily be spotted, and quite frankly usually are by average people when studying a B Sc.

All the best.
^ Why did you write that drivel underneath my quote? What i said in my quote has nothing to do with what you wrote underneath it.

All the worst,
Frag.

Reply #1058 Posted: February 14, 2007, 08:50:21 pm
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
When hannibal posts it's like I can see forever.

Reply #1059 Posted: February 14, 2007, 08:50:35 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Quote from: Arnifix;338393
When hannibal posts it's like I can see forever.

He hasn't quite got the hang of getting people to read what he says. I took the time to scan over them and that's pushing it. :disappoin

If it's not short and sweet, it better be fuckin awesome.

Reply #1060 Posted: February 14, 2007, 08:56:27 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: Hannibal4life;338230
Its also biased to believe that science discredits the bible, when i can infact reinforce it on many occassions.

i'm afraid you are deluded if you think that science compliments that which is written in the bible. That which science does compliement christianity upon is but a grain of sand on a beach of condemnation.

I know it's hard when someone discredits what you believe in, i mean no offence. I am mearly pointing out the evidence is stacked against christianities explanation of existance.

Reply #1061 Posted: February 14, 2007, 09:17:53 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Holy crap! This was an easy to follow discussion till dudes started posting like 6 times in a row!! I don't even know what that is!!!

1 post = single post
2 posts = double post
3 posts = triple post
4 posts = quadruple post
5 posts = quintuple post
6 posts = sex-uple post?! :D

Reply #1062 Posted: February 14, 2007, 09:19:21 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: dirtyape;337723
Oh and good post with that vid Tiwa, i was writing a post in this thread which was along similar lines, but now i don't need to.

Pictures say a thousand words and youtube says even more
Quote from: dirtyape;337812
Yes SM, you are right. And really as there is no evidence either way you could never calculate the probability of either situation occuring.

One thing i've been realising recently is that a lot of people here tend to use science to compliement their belief that there is no god. Science may discredit a particular denomination of religion, such as christianity, islam, or whatever - but these are just interpretations of the existance of god. And as an interpretation they could be very wrong.

To say that god does not exist simply for this fact is wrong. What you should be saying is that the christian interpretation of god does not exist as it is described in the bible.

To rule out the possibility of "god" based upon the bible is very narrow minded in my opinion.

Very true. You should rule out the possibility of God by pure empirical naturalistic methods
Quote from: Black Heart;338291
i don't think you've looked very hard at other religions.

I dont really think anyone around here has done this, dont you?
Quote from: Fragin'
If it's not short and sweet, it better be fuckin awesome.

This is one of the reasons why Im out of this discussion: Any clear point Im going to make is going to take at least 3 minutes to read, and thats just nasty. Forums are for entertainment not lectures!

Reply #1063 Posted: February 14, 2007, 10:31:07 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
yea it was easier. too much effort to multi quote and order shit.

Reply #1064 Posted: February 14, 2007, 10:32:47 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Quote from: Tiwaking!;338501
This is one of the reasons why Im out of this discussion: Any clear point Im going to make is going to take at least 3 minutes to read, and thats just nasty. Forums are for entertainment not lectures!

Ima pull you up on that one. A clear point is not something that takes 3 minutes to read in my book.

Reply #1065 Posted: February 14, 2007, 10:36:05 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
Quote from: Tiwaking!;338501
I dont really think anyone around here has done this, dont you?

I am pretty sure all monotheist religions proclaim their god as the one true god and their path as the one true path. The theory of dual or multiple gods makes a lot more sense when you try to rationalise the conflicting messages and supposed acts of 'god(s)'

Reply #1066 Posted: February 14, 2007, 10:37:23 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
These religious discussions are great for getting your post count up without it looking like spam.

+1 :)

Reply #1067 Posted: February 14, 2007, 10:41:50 pm

Offline Prowess

• Just settled in
  • Prowess has no influence.
Quote from: dirtyape;338419
i'm afraid you are deluded if you think that science compliments that which is written in the bible. That which science does compliement christianity upon is but a grain of sand on a beach of condemnation.

I know it's hard when someone discredits what you believe in, i mean no offence. I am mearly pointing out the evidence is stacked against christianities explanation of existance.

hey im just wondering what evidence you are talking about.

Reply #1068 Posted: February 14, 2007, 10:50:20 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: Fragin';338516
These religious discussions are great for getting your post count up without it looking like spam.

+1 :)

LOL +rep :D

Reply #1069 Posted: February 14, 2007, 10:58:43 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Fragin';336884
People are drawn to religion because they want spiritual guidance. Religion provides a blueprint on how to live your life, and a solid grounding. I think that's a prefectly resonable thing to want and good luck to those people.

The truth is in the message not the details of whether turning water into wine is actually possible etc. When religion tries to do what science is for ie explain the natural universe - it just gets pwned so bad.

Religion has been getting pwned on a regular basis since Copernicus, Galileo etc. They need a new coach!

Quote from: Tiwaking!;327791
As I said, faith is the font from which all religon drinks. But it is also where all belief comes from. Therefore: belief is less important than faith.

People have blinded themselves to that simple fact

Repetition

Reply #1070 Posted: February 14, 2007, 11:00:22 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: Hannibal4life;338228
Yeah interestly enough Blackheart. Only one religion actually claims they are the only way to get to God. That is in fact Christianity when Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one gets to the father except thrrough me."

The 4 great monothestic religions all believe they are the only way to 'get to god'.

Reply #1071 Posted: February 14, 2007, 11:04:28 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Fragin';338509
Ima pull you up on that one. A clear point is not something that takes 3 minutes to read in my book.

Quote from: Tiwaking!;333332
The graviton deflector dish is part of the navigational array. During the development of warp travel it was realized that an object travelling at warp speeds would ultimately collide with objects and although not affected by relative speeds the interaction between the relative and non-relative travelling particles would result in instantaneous de-molecularization of both objects, in other words: Anhillation.

However: Due to the low-level field effect generated by both the warp engines and travelling speed a focal point was found which could focus these two forces to repel objects via the directing of gravitons(the ultimate particle which has yet to be found in RL). Thusly small objects will not collide with a space craft due to the deflector dish constantly emitting gravitons. This was also one of the key steps in the development of deflector shielding.

Please note: This is abridged. The actual explanation is about six times longer. Another reason why Im out of this thread: I've really got nothing more new to say. People keep dredging up old stuff which I've already commented on. Technically that means I could just draw on old material for replies constantly

Reply #1072 Posted: February 14, 2007, 11:04:43 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Imagine if this was merged with the religion mega-thread, where we have already pwned jay kay and religion many times over.

It wouldn't just be a mega-thread, it would be such an amazing thread that we would have to make up a new name, like Oboganama-thread.

Reply #1073 Posted: February 14, 2007, 11:11:56 pm

Offline Prowess

• Just settled in
  • Prowess has no influence.
Quote from: Black Heart;338338
well i carried on to this link http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/The_Truth_About_Behemoth

and reading more, the bible quote mentions a navel. Only mammals have navels , dinosaurs do not.

have you ever heard of the cave painting of america indias that look alot like brontosaurs
and teradons.also the translation of the link is old king james version and while they did
thier best to translate they did not have the knowledge of hebrew and the support of anybody who knew the literature.a more resent translation says "muscles in his belly".
lastly it is hard to go past the "tail like a cedar" if you could point out another species that matches this i would love to know about it.

Reply #1074 Posted: February 14, 2007, 11:13:28 pm