Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: TofuEater;348727
Surely that's what all the angels would be for?

Angels are Indian?? Does that mean only Hindu's go to heaven?

God outsourced his phone help center to Krishna?

Reply #1300 Posted: February 26, 2007, 09:45:07 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline 1/2Pulse.

• Addicted
  • 1/2Pulse. has no influence.
Isnt there more that one indian religion Budist???? so were do they go o_0

Reply #1301 Posted: February 26, 2007, 09:58:34 am

Offline laurasaur

• Addicted
  • laurasaur has no influence.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;348891

sorry but LOL

Reply #1302 Posted: February 26, 2007, 08:06:45 pm
:violin:

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;348891

Na, the call centre is located in hell. It's non-denominational.

Reply #1303 Posted: February 27, 2007, 08:21:50 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: TofuEater;349624
Na, the call centre is located in hell. It's non-denominational.

If that is true, then Mobil's Customer Complaints line is in heaven. For me at least. People call us and ask if they can complain about the official complaints line.

Reply #1304 Posted: February 27, 2007, 08:33:00 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Prowess

• Just settled in
  • Prowess has no influence.
Quote from: Arnifix;348195
not exactly. Simply because scientists as yet have no way to measure dark energy, does not mean that they will never have a way to measure it. It is also a work in progress, as we understand more and more about the subject, we will be able to make far more precise calls regarding it.

If the universe came from a big bang, then matter should be evenly distributed. However, the universe contains an extremely uneven distribution of mass. This means that matter is concentrated into zones and planes around relatively empty regions. Two astronomers, Geller and Huchra, embarked on a measuring program expecting to find evidence to support the big bang model. By compiling large star maps, they hoped to demonstrate that matter is uniformly distributed throughout the cosmos (when a large enough scale is considered).
The more progress they made with their cartographic overview of space, the clearer it became that distant galaxies are clustered like cosmic continents beyond nearly empty reaches of space. The big bang model was strongly shaken by this discovery.
It should be added that the visible galaxies do not contain enough mass to explain the existence and distribution of these structures. But the big bang model was not discarded. Instead, the existence of a mysterious, unknown, and unseen form of matter (‘dark matter’) was postulated. Without any direct evidence for its existence, this ‘dark matter’ is supposed to be 10 times the amount of visibly observed mass.
A critic of the big bang theory, Ernst Peter Fischer, a physicist and biologist of Constance, Germany, reflects on its popularity. He refers to the:
‘… warning given by [physicist and philosopher] Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker … namely that a society which accepts the idea that the origin of the cosmos could be explained in terms of an explosion, reveals more about the society itself than about the universe. Nevertheless, the many observations made during the past 25 years or so which contradict the standard model, are simply ignored. When fact and theory contradict each other, one of them has to yield.’6

Reply #1305 Posted: February 27, 2007, 10:07:02 pm

Offline (BHP)Clyock

• Just settled in
  • (BHP)Clyock has no influence.
Quote from: Prowess;350488
If the universe came from a big bang, then matter should be evenly distributed.

Oh bollocks, after this moronic statement i didn't even read the rest. You show me any explosion on any scale that distributes matter in an even pattern and i'll eat poo. The big bang happened a looooong time ago you norman you don't think movement since then may have altered the distribution of matter. Again none of this is your own idea just another cut and paste.

Here's an idea, cut and paste a bag over your head and go sit in the corner till we say you can come out!:smash:

Reply #1306 Posted: February 27, 2007, 10:50:44 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
[video]pgvMh7YjJr4&NR[/video]

Reply #1307 Posted: February 27, 2007, 10:58:55 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
When i was feeding the fish todays, i threw a whole lump of feed right in the middle of the pond.

The feed started spreeing out in a circular fashion, I expected it to spreed out evenly, but instead, the pieces clumped together, forming small islands.

Then the fish ate it.

Thus my pond proves the big bang theory.

Reply #1308 Posted: February 27, 2007, 11:05:02 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
ZOMG WE'RE ABOUT TO BE EATEN BY GIANT FISH!??

Reply #1309 Posted: February 27, 2007, 11:19:12 pm

Offline MeatShield

• Just settled in
  • MeatShield has no influence.
Prowess - at least quote your source. Even the giant fish would have done better.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v20/i3/big_bang.asp

Reply #1310 Posted: February 28, 2007, 06:09:00 am

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
I would shoot down your illogical and ill thought out "science" but you did it for me. Seriously dude, you wanna be a radical anti-anti-religious cultist, here's a hint.

ANSWERSINGENESIS SUCKS MY BALLS.

God said so. It must be true.

Reply #1311 Posted: February 28, 2007, 08:20:41 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
the giant fish has me, it is the END TIMES~~ AIIIEEE, i should have worshipped the fish god...

http://www.bible-history.com/past/dagon.html

no wait this is cooler
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken_in_popular_culture

or my favourite
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forneus

ahh mythology so colourful.

Reply #1312 Posted: February 28, 2007, 08:59:28 am

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
  • TuataraDude has no influence.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;350577
When i was feeding the fish todays, i threw a whole lump of feed right in the middle of the pond.

The feed started spreeing out in a circular fashion, I expected it to spreed out evenly, but instead, the pieces clumped together, forming small islands.

Then the fish ate it.

Thus my pond proves the big bang theory.

And now those fish eagerly await the second coming of the giant flakes, when all shall be judged. But "...beware the Net, for verily she shall tempt you away from the holy waters and bring you to desolation on the plate of eating".

I hope you fully understand what you have created.

Reply #1313 Posted: March 02, 2007, 06:26:18 am
Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

Offline Arnifix

Quote from: TuataraDude;352433
And now those fish eagerly await the second coming of the giant flakes, when all shall be judged. But "...beware the Net, for verily she shall tempt you away from the holy waters and bring you to desolation on the plate of eating".

It took me a good 3 seconds to figure out you were talking about an actual net, as opposed to an internet there. That is all kinds of bad.

Reply #1314 Posted: March 02, 2007, 08:04:34 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: TuataraDude;352433

So you get caught and are fully conscious while you're being eaten and digested?

Is that some kind of new level of hell?

Reply #1315 Posted: March 02, 2007, 08:14:14 am

Offline krasher

• Addicted
  • krasher has no influence.
It cracks me up that all the God haters can be so agro about Religion and push their non belief onto everyone. It's so un PC for a Christian to 'put their beliefs onto other people' but its ok for the God haters to call people with faith idiots. I thought all the hypocrites went to church???

Reply #1316 Posted: March 02, 2007, 09:15:40 am
=]IRBS[=

i5 2500k|GTX560ti|GA-Z68X-UD3|8Gig DDR3 1600|24" LG 19x12|650W Corsair|64GB SSD Cache WD640

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.
Quote from: krasher;352498
It cracks me up that all the God haters can be so agro about Religion and push their non belief onto everyone. It's so un PC for a Christian to 'put their beliefs onto other people' but its ok for the God haters to call people with faith idiots. I thought all the hypocrites went to church???

krasher, i take it your christian.

Reply #1317 Posted: March 02, 2007, 10:23:23 am
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you

Offline Arnifix

Quote from: krasher;352498

Not believing in gods doesn't kill people.

Reply #1318 Posted: March 02, 2007, 10:28:17 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
christians jump up and down if you blaspheme their religion. I consider christianity blasphemey to my religion. To me, christians are pagans, who need educated.

And besides, most people here are just pointing out the inconsistancies and failures of the bible. Which is after all written by man, and therefore not infallible.

Reply #1319 Posted: March 02, 2007, 10:53:44 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
i agree 200% christians are worshipping a very pagan concept. the bible is riddled with it.

show them their own work.

Reply #1320 Posted: March 02, 2007, 12:40:17 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: 'frog.;352544
krasher, i take it your christian.

I'm not Christian, but I agree with krasher.

Reply #1321 Posted: March 02, 2007, 02:16:52 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I think there are plenty examples of agro flowing either way, its neither you're beliefs or lack of that have any bearing on 'agro'.

Reply #1322 Posted: March 02, 2007, 03:12:30 pm

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Spacemonkey;352790
I'm not Christian, but I agree with krasher.

point taken.

Reply #1323 Posted: March 02, 2007, 11:59:34 pm

Offline Arnifix

Finally! A site you religious people can verify your facts against.

Reply #1324 Posted: March 03, 2007, 06:59:35 am