Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
AVB gone.

Reply #2650 Posted: March 05, 2012, 08:18:15 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Yea, was never going to turn it around, didn't get the players onside from the off which was fatal. First Chelsea managerial sacking (other than Scolari) I actually agree with.

If he had had a blank canvas then maybe, but so out of his depth it was painful.

Reply #2651 Posted: March 05, 2012, 08:44:37 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1473303
I never said that, I was just voicing my opinion. Where did I say your opinion is wrong? Stop over reacting like all Liverpool fans always do. :P

Come talk to me when you actually win something......... If I have not died of old age by then :)
Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:24:20 am by LeadCollector

Reply #2652 Posted: March 05, 2012, 09:21:24 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: JuDgE MenTaL;1473331
Yea, was never going to turn it around, didn't get the players onside from the off which was fatal. First Chelsea managerial sacking (other than Scolari) I actually agree with.

If he had had a blank canvas then maybe, but so out of his depth it was painful.

Should have happened months ago TBH... guess losing to WBA was the straw that broke the camels back.

Reply #2653 Posted: March 05, 2012, 09:23:53 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/891347-deivid-adds-another-howler-to-his-catalogue-of-horror-misses

The most recent addition is bad enough but watch his top 5 that didn’t include that one. The first and last ones are classic – I really couldn’t stop laughing at the first one, the header, f*ckin ‘ell, he’s terrible. How does he get a game? And how bad are the defences are over there, he gets so much space, just times his runs well and bang he’s in on goal. And those 5 were just in 2011.

I love the way his teammates just stop in disbelief even though the other team is now counter-attacking.
Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:10:58 pm by JuDgE MenTaL

Reply #2654 Posted: March 05, 2012, 02:03:20 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: JuDgE MenTaL;1473376
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/891347-deivid-adds-another-howler-to-his-catalogue-of-horror-misses

The most recent addition is bad enough but watch his top 5 that didn’t include that one. The first and last ones are classic – I really couldn’t stop laughing at the first one, the header, f*ckin ‘ell, he’s terrible. How does he get a game? And how bad are the defences are over there, he gets so much space, just times his runs well and bang he’s in on goal. And those 5 were just in 2011.

I love the way his teammates just stop in disbelief even though the other team is now counter-attacking.

I love the header he does backwards away from goal :)

Reply #2655 Posted: March 05, 2012, 03:36:53 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I was rather surprised when AVB said that WBA were the better team, bit harsh on tr Chelsea players, sure WBA may have put in more effort and showed more passion, but Chelsea are obviously the better team.

Reply #2656 Posted: March 05, 2012, 04:42:05 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
WBA were the better team!

Reply #2657 Posted: March 05, 2012, 07:48:32 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Quote from: R3DM@N;1473445

WBA are the in form team and clearly wanted it more....we were too slow, gave it away cheap even though we did have 2 golden chances that ordinarily Sturridge would have put away, Ramires should have come off, Romeu on and let Essien come forward where he's more effective.. Another game we could have and should have won.

Still we got Eddie Newton in for motivation, so...watch out!

Here's a promising youngster who used to rot on our bench.
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/892209-miroslav-stoch-shows-chelsea-what-theyre-missing-with-wonder-volley

Reply #2658 Posted: March 06, 2012, 08:41:31 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: R3DM@N;1473445

O.K, well even if it was the case, I don't think the manager should ever publicly say so.

Reply #2659 Posted: March 06, 2012, 09:57:19 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: LeadCollector;1473336
Come talk to me when you actually win something......... If I have not died of old age by then :)

I have no idea what you're on about. Suarez dived, he was halfway through the air before the keepers leg *brushed* him, and then he lay on the ground rolling around like his leg had been smashed to bits. He dived, he dives, and there's thousands of videos of him doing such all over the internet. Currently the dirtiest player in the league.

As for AVB, Chelsea are going to have to accept that to rebuild the team and club, they might have to suck it up for a year or two and acknowledge they won't challenge while that process is underway. Either that, or just give the job to Lampard and Terry.
Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:02:21 am by Wandarah

Reply #2660 Posted: March 06, 2012, 10:53:20 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Wandarah;1473548
I have no idea what you're on about. Suarez dived, he was halfway through the air before the keepers leg *brushed* him, and then he lay on the ground rolling around like his leg had been smashed to bits. He dived, he dives, and there's thousands of videos of him doing such all over the internet. Currently the dirtiest player in the league..

No worse than Drogba IMO and JT is the dirtiest player of all time... so something about glass houses and stones etc and don't interrupt my Trolling of the mighty Spork :)

Reply #2661 Posted: March 06, 2012, 11:54:26 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Eh? leave Chelsea out of it.....have not commented but now I will, terrible dive! :) They are all at it, contact in the box, drop like sack of sh1t..Drogs is better than he was only because he's more likely to injure himself diving than not, won't defend him....

There's plenty worse than JT too you bandwagoner, Nigel De Jong for instance...in fact you need not look further than Skrtel and Carragher!!

Reply #2662 Posted: March 06, 2012, 01:06:23 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
I like JT (when playing for England:)) so not on the crucification band wagon there :p
Carragher is just a useless waste of space and I cried the day they re-signed him, luckily he spends most of his time on the bench now... Skrtel still thinks he is behind the iron curtain :)

But nail on the head, they all do it, nobody is clean when it comes to diving just some are better at the theatrics than others. Like I already said, yes I get embarrassed when Suarez is carrying on but I can deal with it as he makes up for it in other areas.

Reply #2663 Posted: March 06, 2012, 01:20:49 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Quote from: LeadCollector;1473561
No worse than Drogba IMO and JT is the dirtiest player of all time... so something about glass houses and stones etc and don't interrupt my Trolling of the mighty Spork :)

I said currently. Drogs is too old to dive and get up, and JT is only dirty if you're female and the partner of a close friend. Or a family member.

What other areas does Suarez make up for it in? Dribbling past people and sending the shot wide? 6 goal legend.

Ahem.

Reply #2664 Posted: March 06, 2012, 02:15:19 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: LeadCollector;1473561
Trolling of the mighty Spork :)

Haha, look at te Liverpool fan who argues a bad point then when he realised he is wrong he calls it 'trolling'.

Also, Drogba is a lot better these days as far as diving goes, although I haven't paid much attention to Chelsea in game during this season, bad enough concentrating on one crap team.

Reply #2665 Posted: March 06, 2012, 04:28:53 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: LeadCollector;1473582
I like JT (when playing for England:)) so not on the crucification band wagon there :p
Carragher is just a useless waste of space and I cried the day they re-signed him, luckily he spends most of his time on the bench now... Skrtel still thinks he is behind the iron curtain :)

But nail on the head, they all do it, nobody is clean when it comes to diving just some are better at the theatrics than others. Like I already said, yes I get embarrassed when Suarez is carrying on but I can deal with it as he makes up for it in other areas.

Very true, but most don't roll around on te ground as if they had their leg broken.

Especially when if you look at players who had their leg broken, te last thing they wanted to do was rich the leg.

Ramsay just lay there screaming his head off, Duardo rolled around a bit, but nothing S bad as Suarez who wasn't even touched - especially not on his shin..
Excuse any bad spelling, my phone doesn't like this forum.

Reply #2666 Posted: March 06, 2012, 04:33:56 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Don't make it into a dive thread because every EPL team is well represented on utubes

Reply #2667 Posted: March 06, 2012, 04:54:59 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Suarez is a dickhead..lets be honest, he fits the stereotype soccer player.

Dont bring Chelsea into it..we are mourning our 7th manager ffs! haha..interesting times for Chelsea, but I have the perfect solution...RAY WILKINS FFS!
Shits hit the fan since he left..and I do miss Carlo, he didnt absolutely nothing wrong and got booted out in true Abaramovich style.
I do however agree with the AVB sacking, he promised so much and changed too much so quick so it was only a matter of time

Reply #2668 Posted: March 06, 2012, 05:21:01 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Spork;1473621
Haha, look at te Liverpool fan who argues a bad point then when he realised he is wrong he calls it 'trolling'.

Also, Drogba is a lot better these days as far as diving goes, although I haven't paid much attention to Chelsea in game during this season, bad enough concentrating on one crap team.

Not a bad point at all, just a difference of opinion mate, I have the backing of the FA and their referees... you have speculation, hearsay and personal opinion.... If you recall earlier in the piece I said there was contact in the box and there was, I don't write the rules around how much contact needs to occur, the match officials do that and they did... yes Suarez carried on after the event in true Hollywood style but that is all irrelevant :)

You won didn't you! Now get the fuck over it and put your handbag away :p
Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:53:26 pm by LeadCollector

Reply #2669 Posted: March 06, 2012, 05:37:33 pm

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
... Can't be serious?

Or can they?

Reply #2670 Posted: March 06, 2012, 06:52:32 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Only Arse fans whinge when they win :p

Reply #2671 Posted: March 06, 2012, 07:00:23 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
+1 killa

Reply #2672 Posted: March 06, 2012, 08:38:05 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Quote from: LeadCollector;1473677
... Can't be serious?

Or can they?

No, he's just reminded them he's available and open to offers because somehow he got missed of the list....won't be in the running, media BS frenzy time, best to lay low.... Apparently Jose has asked for 12M, total control of transfers and training ground and to buy Ronaldo...not much then...

Looking at Loew too apparently??? That's got to be his agent stirring it up...be another Scolari that would, international coach...no, fuck off thanks. Could do worse than Wilkins but I think it's too big a job for him, still way better than AVB though. He can help Jose out when he comes back ;p.

See Eddie Newton's in there already layin' down the law...in his monogrammed jacket before AVB's even cleaned out his locker...No one spoke to AVB before he left apparently, how bad is that? I bet even Scolari got a hug off Belletti.

Reply #2673 Posted: March 06, 2012, 11:04:43 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: LeadCollector;1473644
Not a bad point at all, just a difference of opinion mate, I have the backing of the FA and their referees... you have speculation, hearsay and personal opinion.... If you recall earlier in the piece I said there was contact in the box and there was, I don't write the rules around how much contact needs to occur, the match officials do that and they did... yes Suarez carried on after the event in true Hollywood style but that is all irrelevant :)

You won didn't you! Now get the fuck over it and put your handbag away :p

What exactly was Szc meant to do? His legs were firmly planted on the ground and he was even half way toward retracting his legs as much as he can as to pull out of the tackle. Suarez' feet left the ground, then this toe made contact with Szc and went down.

Using the referees as backup to something like this is laughable, as a Liverpool fan I'd expect you to have that one burnt into your brain, even just from all the horrible decisions Pool have had against them this season. Arsenal have had hardly any really bad decisions against, so it is harder to take them when they happen.

I don't care about the end result as far as this matter goes, a dive is a dive, and he is bloody lucky that we have someone who knows how to save a penalty in between our sticks, even if he has been off form recently(Until very recently).

Reply #2674 Posted: March 07, 2012, 12:30:57 am